View Full Version : Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...

CGC
02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
You still have time - did you remember to pick something up for your better ½? Menard's (lumber/hardware in the mid west) is selling roses this year. It might not be as classy as she'd like, but at least she'll know you remembered! ;)

TheReverend
02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Nice of you to post a reminder -

In my case, I always make sure to dump my current girlfriend right before Valentines day – then I don’t have worry about buying anything for them :p :p :D

CGC
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey, if your plan has been working, stick with it! My wife has kept me out of trouble long enough that I think it's probably in my best interest not to try that approach though.

Either way - for anybody else reading this, depending on your time zone, of course - you've got +/- seven hours to unload er, um, dissolve anything that doesn't seem too promising, OR buy some chocolates, flowers, a card, - or something nice for that special somebody!

Erick
02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Valentine's Day is around the corner and I'm broke! :eek:

I think I'll end up sending her one of those e-cards :o :p

CGC
02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
No $, €, £, ¥, - no problem!

If you're here you have a pc (mac, whatever), so you probably have a printer, too. Make her a handful of coupons. Some can be for you (you know what a massage coupon leads to ;) ) and some should be for her, dishes, mopping, whatever.

No matter, you can come out on top even without spending a dime - just make sure she knows you didn't forget!

Erick
02-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Guess what? I've ran out of ink! :eek:

Lol, i'm just joking... You know what, that's a brilliant idea. Thanks a bunch! :cool:

I know I'm way too early but Happy Valentine's Day everyone....:)

droop996
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
im just gettin her a box of chocolates and takin her to lunch should be under $30 *crosses fingers

The Faceless Master
02-13-2008, 05:22 PM
In my case, I always make sure to dump my current girlfriend right before Valentines day – then I don’t have worry about buying anything for them :p :p :D

I do that during valentines & Christmas as well :p

thorn
02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
no it isn't!!

ha ha me and the little lady had our Valentine's Day on Sunday since we both work to much during the week

GBPackRat
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
One of the few perks to being single...

Patrick A. Riley
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Bah, Humbug! I hate, hate, hate, hate February 14th :mad:

orionlukteel
02-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I already bought my wife's Valentine's Day gift - a McFarlane chase Alan Faneca Sportspicks figure. I know, I know, I'm an incurable romantic, no need to pat me on the back.:D

(She's a Steeler fanatic, and the only thing she loves more than Steelers is chocolate, so I've only got one more item to buy!):cool:

CGC
02-14-2008, 04:22 PM
This is so funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WTJ2tGhJl4&feature=bz303

Kind of a Valentines thing again, so this thread is close enough. You'd think there'd be a better or easier way. . .

Arashikage_Tengu
02-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I heard Destro got the Baroness only a Villaintines Day card.

yojoebro82
02-15-2008, 10:32 AM
im just gettin her a box of chocolates

I got my valentine a small box of chocolates. She told me she wondered why guys always get chocolate and said that a REALLY good gift would be a gym membership.
Now THAT confuses me.
See, I would think that getting your valentine a gym membership would be like saying, "Here, you're fat, you could use this."
If you got chocolates, however, it's like saying, "Here, you're skinny, you've got nothing to worry about, you can handle this small box of chocolates."

Just when I think I got things figured out, another curve ball!