View Full Version : the Illuminati

Bigtattoo
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Following on from a recent thread (which Im not trying to resurrect), there was a question asked (by Erick) about the Illumanti.

this is a bit of a hobby of mine, so I thought Id answer the question.

The only hard and solid evidence of The Illumanti are of a group of secretive individuals led by Adam Weishaupt sometime in the 17-18 century.

iirc, they were actually called The Bavarian illuminati, and used a hierarcichal scheme that protected the higher up members, by only revealing the rank above and below your own station.

the only member who knew all the facts was Weishaupt himself and a German Count (whose name I forgotten).

Because their group/society/cult (delete as appropiate) were so veiled, many believed (and still believe) that there was far more to the organisation.

in effect, they have become a byword for any secret society that is believed to rule the world (their supposed original goal).

from teh French revolution, through The Knights Templar and modern day freemasonry, some believe that they still exist and direct these and other groups from the shadows.

They are similar to Illuminti named in Angels And Demons (Dan Brown's book),
in that any overarching, secret society can be named thus.

See Deus Ex the game and the books the Illuminatus Trilogy also.

Whether they actually exist or not,
who knows?

As I said, i have no desire to continue on from the previous topic- just wanted to answer Erciks question.

If any offence is caused, I apologise in advance.

Chris

The Faceless Master
02-25-2008, 01:05 PM
a pre-quel to the Da Vinci Code called Angels & Demons was a great book
and there is a movie out to be released soon, and it talks in great detail
how the illuminati came to be... supposedly

again, this is another borderline thread that is about to get locked

Erick
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Wow, very informative post Chris. I think this is a very interesting & mysterious topic and I didn't even know that an Angels & Demons was going to be released! :eek:

MikePrime
02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Dwarfs rule the world, as seen in the comic book, The Punisher: The End.

Navajo
02-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I can't wait for the movie. I enjoyed Angels and Demons more than the Da Vinci Code.

Also, for the last week or so I've been battling the "Los Illuminotto" pretty heavily....at least I think that's how you spell it.

samluvsjoes
02-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Everyone knows the Illuminati are comprised of individuals such as Stephen Strange, Reed Richards, Namor, T'Challa, Charles Xavier, and Tony Stark, though T'Challa refused to continue membership. They were responsible for the Civil War.
Geez, am I the only person who reads the true news, i.e. comic books?:D
Sam