View Full Version : Daylight Savings Time again!

Patrick A. Riley
03-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Remember to set you clocks ahead one hour either later tonight or early tomorrow morning or whenever you get around to it ;)

GBPackRat
03-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I hate this time of year...

Fall is much nicer when you gain an hour...

Tanner

Syna3sthesia
03-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna be so sleepy tomorrow.

CGC
03-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Man that came quick...

I wish they would just quit with the stupid dst crap. I'm sure that there was some reasonable need for it in the early 20th century - I think that's when it started. The only thing it seems good for now is screwing shift workers out of a couple hours of pay each year & to remind people to change the batteries in their smoke detectors. I'm not a big fan of the weather in Arizona, but they certainly do have at least one thing right! :)

TheReverend
03-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Man that came quick...

I wish they would just quit with the stupid dst crap. I'm sure that there was some reasonable need for it in the early 20th century - I think that's when it started. The only thing it seems good for now is screwing shift workers out of a couple hours of pay each year & to remind people to change the batteries in their smoke detectors. I'm not a big fan of the weather in Arizona, but they certainly do have at least one thing right! :) Oh what… you don’t like the blistering year-around feels like it’s going to melt your face off heat? That’s the charm of living in AZ… or so I hear… :( :p

Anyway, sadly enough most of the places I work for, or have worked for, do most business out of state... so DST effects me too, even in AZ – I may not adjust my clock – but my shifts get bumped an hour later or earlier every time the change happens… it sort of sucks.

I agree it shoudl be done away with. down with DST :D

Falcone
03-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Thanks I didn't even know.

Wasn't there talk of ending daylight savings recently?

FireFox91
03-09-2008, 01:34 AM
DST is just stupid. A lot of studies have proved it saves little to nothing on energy which was its original goal and in some cases cause more energy consumption. They should just do away with it and let the the planet keep its own time. :/