Blue/Green Snake Eyes [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Blue/Green Snake Eyes

gunslingercbr
03-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I recall seeing the Blue/Green Snake Eyes drawing that the new 5 pack version is supposedly based on, but can't find the image anywhere. anybody know where I can find it?

Chainsaw Viper
03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5221/bluesnakegh2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TOPSON
03-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Whats the story behind this paint scheme?
Chris

Chainsaw Viper
03-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Whats the story behind this paint scheme?
Chris
The story goes that while making the initial Joe line, they discovered that the cost was going to be higher than expected. Rather than cutting a single paint application on all the figuers, somebody came up with the idea of cutting ALL the paint applications on one of the figures, saying that it would make him look cool. Supposedly that picture is from Snake Eyes original design before they decided to just make him completley out of black plastic.

The Faceless Master
03-15-2008, 03:05 AM
The story goes that while making the initial Joe line, they discovered that the cost was going to be higher than expected. Rather than cutting a single paint application on all the figuers, somebody came up with the idea of cutting ALL the paint applications on one of the figures, saying that it would make him look cool. Supposedly that picture is from Snake Eyes original design before they decided to just make him completley out of black plastic.
boy, am I sure glad that they went with the all black SE
I seriously don't think he would have ever been popular looking like that :rolleyes:

TOPSON
03-15-2008, 12:09 PM

Thanks. I had basically heard that story before, but I had never seen the proposed figure.
Chris

Chainsaw Viper
03-15-2008, 06:59 PM
boy, am I sure glad that they went with the all black SE
I seriously don't think he would have ever been popular looking like that :rolleyes:
True enough, still on the otherside he probably wouldn't have completley dominated the comics either.

Syna3sthesia
03-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh man what choice for colors, glad they went with the cheap way!

Volleydan
03-15-2008, 11:54 PM
It looks like if you "frankenstein" a Gung Ho waist and legs with a Grunt body and a Snake Eyes head, you'll have a pretty close idea of what this figure might have looked like.....maybe I'll try it.

John Missal
03-16-2008, 01:19 PM
The image of him in those colors was released as stickers and as part of a ColorForms set, so multiple examples do exist of it.

John M>

slim19722
03-20-2008, 09:00 PM
That's what the SE in the 25th TRU Ninja Pack, is supposed to represent-his original proposed color scheme. Although the 25th fig has the color of his pants and shirt, reversed.

gunslingercbr
03-26-2008, 12:18 AM
thanks Chainsaw!

I wonder if the mask was going to be blue, or if it was going to be black but was colored blue for the colorforms set for the same reason he was blue in the cartoon -- it just shows up better and you can show more details. I've always wondered about that, whether the blue was meant to be black, perhgaps even for the pants with some weird camo colors.