Build a Missing Vehicle contest [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Build a Missing Vehicle contest

CGC
04-02-2008, 02:04 PM
In the spirit of dockingbay97's "Build a Tanks for the Memories tank contest".

Some of the new Anniversary figs who have come out originally came with vehicles, but (so far, anyway) not in this series. Zartan & Serpentor are good examples.

Any vehicle where the original release figure has gotten an Anniversary sculpt but no vehicle yet is free game. The vehicle can be based on whatever you think is best, but the final version does have to be compatible with it's anniversary sculpt fig. It should also strongly suggest the original vehicle - not that it has to look the same, but in some way it should be reminiscent of it.

The contest is open to anybody and entries (pics) will be due May 31st, so that's just under two months. The winner will be decided by a poll again. I liked the idea of the "kitty" that was the prize in dockingbay97's contest, so if everybody who enters would send a small ($5~$10) prize to the final winner, I think we're set!

Snake-eyes01
04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
I'd be interested in this contest as well! I think this one could be a lot of fun too!

CGC
04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Well this might not generate as much interest as the other custom contest, but contest or not I do have one specific vehicle in mind that I'm going to work on. It was announced not too long ago that this one will be getting the anniversary treatment, but I like the idea I have in mind so I'm going to go ahead with it.

Two so far, plenty of room for more! No experience necessary, but I'd like to see some of the veteran customizers take a whack at it too! :)

ranger_jer
04-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I love the idea, but don't know that I will have the time for this one...
I'm trying to work on all my customs for the JoeCustoms PA picnic as well as a commission, that and spring will be here soon and I'll need to be planting ...

John Missal
04-05-2008, 07:26 PM
How about the WRONG vehicle, such as with Grand Slam and the Cobra Driver? No HAL or Jump, but a Spectre and no Stinger, just a HISS?

Are you talking just repaints, or would complete customs be in order?

John M>

CGC
04-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I love the idea, but don't know that I will have the time for this one...
I'm trying to work on all my customs for the JoeCustoms PA picnic as well as a commission, that and spring will be here soon and I'll need to be planting ...
If time is a problem, adding a month would be fine with me. We could wrap this up just after the convention if it works better with schedules that way.

How about the WRONG vehicle, such as with Grand Slam and the Cobra Driver? No HAL or Jump, but a Spectre and no Stinger, just a HISS?

Are you talking just repaints, or would complete customs be in order?

John M>
Complete customs are fine. That's not too far from the plan I have for my custom.

Deadman2099
04-05-2008, 08:50 PM
hmm, I have a couple in mind, so maybe i'll have time after I graduate. I deffinately won't in the next 4 or 5 weeks though.

CGC
04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Well, I've got all my parts, paints, etc.., but I won't know what I want to do as far as decals until it's all painted & reassembled. I see that a year or two ago somebody else did something very similar to what I have in mind over at JoeCustoms.

Unfortunately, I think it'll still be a week or two (or 3, or 4...) before I can start. I have a smaller shop that I do this kind of tinkering in. My wife & oldest daughter currently have it full of girl scout cookies. I also have a small dio or two I barely started before they were buried somewhere under that heap.:rolleyes:

AmbroseKalifornia
04-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Hey! I'll help you find it!

CGC
05-13-2008, 09:56 PM
5-6 weeks to go as long as we're sticking with the Joecon for the finish date. How's everybody doing?

CGC
06-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Is anybody in?

Two weeks to go. It's a little late to start looking for parts, but there is still time if you already have what you need on hand!