G.I.Joe.com unveils SDCC Exclusive! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : G.I.Joe.com unveils SDCC Exclusive!

RedClaw
05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
G.I.Joe.com (http://www.hasbro.com/monkeybartv/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Videos/VideoSelect&aid=3457) has unveiled the San Diego Comic Convention exclusive - Cobra Commander!

http://www.yojoe.com/magazine/2008/05/images/sdcc_cc.jpg
Click Here (http://www.hasbro.com/monkeybartv/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Videos/VideoSelect&aid=3457) to see the exclusive premier video

Da_Last_2_Walk
05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Cobra Commander looks Pimp!

Syna3sthesia
05-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I like the podium!

Stunksstage
05-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't love the figure itself, but the sculpt and podium are fantastic and will make for some amazing customs, so I will probably still buy a few of these.

Erick
05-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm kind of disappointed honestly

Stunksstage
05-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Erick,

I totally hear you. The figure in and of itself is, to me also, a bit of a dsappointment. I was kinda hoping for a new character that hasn't been made in the 25th Anniversary style--maybe a Zarana and Zandar 2-pack (since we have most other Dreadnoks). Thanks for being honest and say what many others may have been thinking. Overall, I still dig the sculpt for customs, but I'm not ecstatic about the figure in its entirety--in fact, on later refelction, I also wished it came with the comic, so that those buying him who hadn't read it got the full story on it.

romanoaj
05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Honestly, I'm bit excited about this figure. The suit mold is perfect for those who do customs and are tired our using the same zoot-suit from the old Headman mold. Also, it's reminiscent of many scenes from the comic, in particular the flashback of early Cobra Commander fresh off his days as a used car salesman and issue #33 where Billy tried to assassinate him.

Ford
05-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm disappointed too. I won't be getting this one, but if I did I'd head-swap it with Duke for a DD version of him.

RedClaw
05-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Gents - there's no reason to be disappointed!

There will be more made than last year's PDD, and an allotment is guaranteed to be posted to Hasbro Toy Shop.

I'm very sure that if you have around $20, and ten minutes at a computer around the days that this is released, you will have ample opportunity to get one.

karamazov80
05-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm actually happy, because with the likely low production run on these, my chances of getting one are slim. I would rather miss out on a mediocre figure than an awesome one :)

I would buy one of these if I could get one for 10 bucks or so, but I wouldn't pay any more than that.

MARSagent
05-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't care for the figure at all. But with that said if I could get the figure at a low price, I'd buy it just to add to my collection but it would have to be a LOW price.

YELSEW
05-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I am going to try and get one through HTS.com.

Hopefully, that pans out.