SDCC Exclusive: G.I.Joe Combat Heroes! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : SDCC Exclusive: G.I.Joe Combat Heroes!

RedClaw
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
SDCC Exclusive: New Combat Heroes bring new look to G.I.Joe!

http://www.yojoe.com/magazine/2008/05/images/SDCC-SE.jpg (http://gijoeclub.com/sdcc08heroes.cfm)
YoJoe! The G.I.Joe Collectors' Club (http://www.gijoeclub.com/) has premiered the second exclusive for the 2008 San Diego Comicon - G.I.Joe Combat Heroes Snake Eyes and Timber!

This is a new and exciting extension to the current 3 3/4 Inch and 12 Inch lines for G.I.Joe. G.I.Joe Combat Heroes are the same scale as Transformers Robot Heroes, Marvel Super Hero Squad, and Star Wars Galactic Heroes lines!

karamazov80
05-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I can't believe that they did the sword right for THIS, but not for the 25th figure. C'mon, Marauder John!

Erick
05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
LOL, I dig it, I hope they do Shipwreck w/Polly :)

Syna3sthesia
05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Im not a fan of that thing...whatever you call it. I wish they would invest more resources on other figs.

Super Sport
05-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I want it... and I know thats wrong.

skinny
05-16-2008, 08:42 PM
this may be a way for us to get those characters we really want, recondo blowtorch, hit and run, after we get duke and scarlett and cobra commander etc.
not to mention they are way more affordable than the 25th figs if i recall correctly they are 5.99? and you get two.

I see these as computer toppers at work, etc, something unobtrusive that shows your interests.

i see a Firefly Scrap Iron 2 pack

YELSEW
05-18-2008, 02:07 PM
I have to agree with putting resources into the 3 3/4" line, although I understand the concept. Get the little kids to play, which will get them to collect the 3 3/4", and then the 12" or something like that!

MikePrime
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM
The future of Combat Heroes, from this week's Shortpacked comic strip. LOL.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=242&itemid=12961

Zartans Banker
05-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I have never understood why folks mess with success and try to apply a generalized pattern to all lines of business. The Heros line has met with success but it has been on large cultural francises such as Star Wars. G.I. Joe has always been an action figure line. These just dont strike me as action figures. I suppose they are cute and interesting but I dont understand the business sense in making these when the 3 3/4 inch line is just blowing off the shelves. I know they are just trying to grow the brand in another way but I just dont think it will have much success. I am not saying G.I. joe is not a large brand I just dont think this is an apsect the brand can support. Just a thought or two.

cmderinchief
05-24-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't understand the all complainin'. Maybe you all don't have kids. My daughter will love love love this. My nephew would too.

cthulhu522
05-25-2008, 03:33 PM
hehe I bought my daughter some of the Galactic Heroes for her 3rd birthday... she loved them. I have a son due in a few weeks. I plan on decorating a shelf with these until he can play with them. :)

I don't understand the all complainin'. Maybe you all don't have kids. My daughter will love love love this. My nephew would too.

John Missal
05-25-2008, 03:46 PM
I am not saying G.I. joe is not a large brand I just dont think this is an apsect the brand can support. Just a thought or two.

With the forth coming movie, it's a great move. All the 80's kids that arn't part of the collecting groups that have kids of their own (likely older than our kids, since they wern't as nerdy and got girls earlier... hehe) will likely trounce on these.

Personally, I want to let my kids decide what they want and not have me foist my likes (except LEGO bricks...all kids must have LEGOs) on them.

JOhn M>

Ford
05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
That is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Sgt_Bob
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm glad they are doing this. I've been collecting all the Star Wars and Marvel ones, waiting for them to do GI Joe. I just don't get all of the complaining. I understand "cutesy" crap isn't for everyone, but if they start putting these out, I seriously doubt it will take away resources from the 25th line. I know GI Joe is still struggling to be as big as some of the other lines, but why not try to reach out to more than just the 30 year old geeks?

Granted, I'm a 25 year old geek and I will buy every single Combat Hero set they put out!

EDIT: Oh, and in response to the comic... being a fan of the cheesy, stupid 90's Joes, I would kill to own a RoboJOE Combat hero. Seriously, I would commit murder just to own that.