Battle Corps Rangers Cutter? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Battle Corps Rangers Cutter?

ForceFull1
05-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Anyone have a pic of the artwork for this unproduced figure they could email my way? Thanks!

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-18-2008, 11:05 AM
It's since been found that his name wasn't Cutter, it was an entirely new character. if someone actually emails you a pic of the art, I'd love to know who sends it to you.

ForceFull1
05-18-2008, 12:46 PM
It's since been found that his name wasn't Cutter, it was an entirely new character. if someone actually emails you a pic of the art, I'd love to know who sends it to you.

For those of us who are naive, what makes you say that?

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-19-2008, 08:35 AM
A couple of us gave this repaint the name "Cutter" just based on what we knew at the time, the look of the figure, and Hasbro's recent use of the name in the timeline. It has since been found that it wasn't actually Cutter, but a whole new character. The idea that it was Cutter was easy to accept given hasbro's frequent reuse of names during that era, and because the Shipwreck repaint of "Footloose" had recently been proven with an old style guide page.

Coincidently, since i've mentioned the BR Footloose figure, there is also some evidence to suggest that the figure we all know as Footloose was really meant to be named Leatherneck, with both the color scheme and name fitting for that 1995 mold, and making more sense with the aforementioned frequent name reuse of the time. I didn't bother to mention this in the Shipwreck article, because the character has had the name "Footloose" in the community for so long, that only a solid piece of sharable, postable evidence would really make any headway into changing anyone's perception. The figure was given that name from one of the Toy mags of the early to mid 90's if I remember right, and whether it was correct or not can easily be disputed once a good bit of evidence from that era is examined.

It is frequently difficult to pin down names on a lot of the unreleased figures, without something solid, like, specifically in the case of Shipwreck, an image of the cardback showing the figure AND the name. Even on released figures, especially from the early 90's "Battle corps" era, there is solid evidence that many figures released as one character were, in fact, meant to be another or at the very least, have a different name that may not have passed legal at the time. This isn't anything new, it has happened in the modern era as well (and will be happening again within the next couple of months.) Sometimes it becomes a renamed character, sometimes a different new character, and sometimes a new name for an existing character (General Tomahawk comes to mind).

There are still images in the YoJoe archive not definitively attached to figures. The figure everyone calls Star Brigade Falcon, last I was told, it wasn't completely certain that he really WAS Falcon. I myself have at least one more resin piece where the name of the figure isn't exactly known just yet. We thought it was one thing, someone else told us another...until some more concrete evidence pops up, it won't be known just who it is.

RedClaw
05-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Kev, that makes a lot of sense. When looking into this, neither figure has any metion of being "Footloose" or "Flint" - at least not from any sources I've ever been able to track down.

Look at the 1994 gift-wrap, turns out we finally figured out who some of those really weird sci-fi characters MIGHT be based on past findings and ebay auction.

ForceFull1
05-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Kev, that makes a lot of sense. When looking into this, neither figure has any metion of being "Footloose" or "Flint" - at least not from any sources I've ever been able to track down.

Look at the 1994 gift-wrap, turns out we finally figured out who some of those really weird sci-fi characters MIGHT be based on past findings and ebay auction.

We did? What'd I miss? Obviously too much judging by the posts in this thread. Care to shed a light? The Power Walker Hawk I'm aware of, but what others?

RedClaw
06-02-2008, 12:06 PM
The other that I saw, was identical to the jet-booster-feet character, and that was Mega Marines Duke.

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-04-2008, 09:45 AM
The other that I saw, was identical to the jet-booster-feet character, and that was Mega Marines Duke.

That is what I have seen as well. A fully painted resin prototype figure exists, with the helmet that matches that gift wrap, as well as cardback artwork that names him as "Duke" with the mega marine number on his chest.

There are several pieces, both art and resin prototypes, that exist for the Techno Walker Hawk from the same gift wrap.

ForceFull1
06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
What I wouldn't give to see a Joe version of toysrgus.com (or swca.com as it is now known). Just based on the little information shared here, it seems there is a lot more proto material and information in collector hands than is generally known. Or Joe collectors just more shy about sharing this stuff, or is there not a central location to share it at?

RedClaw
06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Joe collectors who go after this kind of thing are REALLY skiddish about going public. Over the years, if you come out into the public with something this rare, or you are trying to sell, things get REALLY hostile, REALLY fast.

Not to mention all of the conspiracy theorists and generally mean people out there who just like to cause trouble.

Not that there's anyone like that here of which I am deeply thankful. :)

ForceFull1
06-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Joe collectors who go after this kind of thing are REALLY skiddish about going public. Over the years, if you come out into the public with something this rare, or you are trying to sell, things get REALLY hostile, REALLY fast.

Not to mention all of the conspiracy theorists and generally mean people out there who just like to cause trouble.

Not that there's anyone like that here of which I am deeply thankful. :)

And here I always thought Joe collectors as a whole were a lot more friendly and respectful than your average Star Wars nerd.

How about some anonymous pics and information from you super-knowledgable proto guys?

Dan
07-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I am down for anonymous pics and information if some one were to create a fake yo joe log in then who cares if the haters hate. Too much is going right past the average collector because he has no idea it even exists.