Explosion Backs vs. Redback file cards [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Explosion Backs vs. Redback file cards

mr.money24
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the round about ratio of produced explosion backs vs it's normal carded counterpart? And was wondering if anyone knows the ratio of Sear/JC Penny redback file card in sealed bubble to its normal carded version? Which one is more rare? For example, in a 1 to 10 ratio scale. Is there 1 explosion back 83' Snake Eyes to every 10 swivel arm 83' Snake Eyes? And is there 1 Sear/ JC Penny reback file card in sealed bubble 82' Snake Eyes to every 5 straight arm 82' Snake Eyes? Thanks

Jonas
05-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the round about ratio of produced explosion backs vs it's normal carded counterpart? And was wondering if anyone knows the ratio of Sear/JC Penny redback file card in sealed bubble to its normal carded version? Which one is more rare? For example, in a 1 to 10 ratio scale. Is there 1 explosion back 83' Snake Eyes to every 10 swivel arm 83' Snake Eyes? And is there 1 Sear/ JC Penny reback file card in sealed bubble 82' Snake Eyes to every 5 straight arm 82' Snake Eyes? Thanks

As far as explosion backs go,

Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Cobra Officer and Soldier, Stalker and Flash are currently known to exist sealed/carded in numbers of less than 5 each. Everyone else appears with some degree of frequency: Short Fuze, Breaker, Grunt, and Cobra Commander appear *sporadically* (relative to several factors).

As far as quantifying the ratio between explosion backs and regular 20-backs, there is much speculation. Anywhere between 50-100:1 seems to be the floating numbers. You are more likely to find an explosion back on a cut/open cardback than you are to find one still sealed.

Someone else will have to chime in regarding the Sears/JC Penney's redback cards. I will say this, though: transition cards are a pain.