View Full Version : Exo-Squad is on Hulu!

ForceFull1
07-12-2008, 09:29 AM
If you have never watched Exo-Squad, give it a try. I'm sure any number of people here will chime in that it is well-worth the watch, and is one of the best cartoons ever. And it's free on Hulu to boot! Maybe they're FINALLY thinking about releasing this on official DVD and this is to whet our appetites? (Yeah, I doubt it, but one can dream)

http://www.hulu.com/exosquad

MARSagent
07-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I loved this series as a kid!!! Did they ever do more than three seasons? They really need to put them on DVD.

yojoebro82
07-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Having been released in the early 90s, I think ExoSquad might have been the last time we saw a GOOD cartoon on TV.

Syna3sthesia
07-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Never like that series. And after finding out they took pretty much all the mechas from Robotech to make theirs...well Im not a fan.

droop996
07-13-2008, 09:57 AM
thanks for the heads up! I remember watching this on USA network every saturday mornings! good times...

FireFox91
07-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I never saw it before so I watched the first episode. I thought the voice acting and diologue was really good. The designs for the e-frames and other spacecraft were pretty nice as well. However, I found it a little annoying to see all the characters wearing rediculously bright colors and having things like big hair. The neo-sapiens didn't seem real original to me either. The humans made them to be workers (Battlestar Galactica/Cylons) and they are much larger with blue skin. (Enemies in Robotech.) Still, it was a decent show, I may watch more.

Cobra-Loyalist
07-13-2008, 10:26 AM
yeah, I also loved the cartoon series as a kid growing up in the early early nineties, I played with the toys too. Sadly, I can't seem to find their toys anywhere, I'd love to collect them all, to have again as I had them all as a kid. :( I also used to integrate the exo-squad toys in with my joes during war-games outside or in. :)

....fond memmories.

- CL

dominic.18
07-13-2008, 10:51 AM
ive never seen it before but the first episode was really good

msv
07-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I watched the first season when it originaly aired, loved it. I bought the first and 1/2 of second series of the toys and never opened them. On ebay in the robotech section there is an Exosquad lot that started at 5$. It has alot of the harder to find eframes, should sell at a bargain price.

ForceFull1
07-13-2008, 08:21 PM
However, I found it a little annoying to see all the characters wearing rediculously bright colors and having things like big hair. The neo-sapiens didn't seem real original to me either. The humans made them to be workers (Battlestar Galactica/Cylons) and they are much larger with blue skin. (Enemies in Robotech.) Still, it was a decent show, I may watch more.

Think of the bright colors as a relic of the early and mid 1990s, when toy execs decided EVERYTHING needed to be neon colored or kids wouldn't notice it. (We all are certainly aware of it with our Joes of that era.)
After a while, you get desensitized and don't even pay attention to it when watching the show. Besides, how do we know what the military will be wearing 150 years in the future? Why not bright neon colors when it could easily be tin foil suits, or even black pants with gold, red, or blue tops and a triangle on the left chest area? :)

Deadshot
07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I want to watch it, but I can't...." Not viewable outside of the United States"....bummer.

I loved that show when I was younger.

Cobra-Loyalist
07-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Think of the bright colors as a relic of the early and mid 1990s, when toy execs decided EVERYTHING needed to be neon colored or kids wouldn't notice it. (We all are certainly aware of it with our Joes of that era.)
After a while, you get desensitized and don't even pay attention to it when watching the show. Besides, how do we know what the military will be wearing 150 years in the future? Why not bright neon colors when it could easily be tin foil suits, or even black pants with gold, red, or blue tops and a triangle on the left chest area? :)

haha.. right on man.. I was a kid in the neon era too, and now I miss it. heh.. seriously though. :D

- CL

Bob, Agent of Hydra
09-12-2014, 07:19 PM
So I finally sat down to watch exo squad only to find it's been removed from Hulu! What can I do now? Did the second season ever hit DVD?

ForceFull1
09-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Second season is not ::officially:: available on DVD, but you can find it if you know where to look or who to ask. ::cough::

willie&joe
09-18-2014, 05:02 AM
So I finally sat down to watch exo squad only to find it's been removed from Hulu! What can I do now? Did the second season ever hit DVD?

I can't help you Bob, but I do like your name.

Bob, Agent of Hydra
09-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks. I like my name too