Paypal question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Paypal question

Lody
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
So a bidder is claiming that part of the auction was not included when I shipped the package. I know that it was. Once he opens a Paypal claim (and I know he will as well as hit me with Negative feedback), what will Paypal do about it.

Not as described and require him to return it?

ladyjaye03
08-12-2008, 06:09 PM
If you ask them they'll say there's no way to determine if it was included or just being reported that way(had that happen to me).

Yeah, it'll basically end up as a not as described, make him return it before any refunds are given. That was what I made sure of when I went through it was that the buyer had to return the item in question before he got the money refunded. He may not like that but that's Paypal's policy, as they told me.

Goldbug
08-12-2008, 06:37 PM
If you ask them they'll say there's no way to determine if it was included or just being reported that way(had that happen to me).

Yeah, it'll basically end up as a not as described, make him return it before any refunds are given. That was what I made sure of when I went through it was that the buyer had to return the item in question before he got the money refunded. He may not like that but that's Paypal's policy, as they told me.

Well if he claims not everything was included you better make sure everything you sent is returned before giving any refund.

John Missal
08-12-2008, 08:49 PM
There-in lies the problem. If you can't prove you sent it, then you can't prove he didn't keep it when he sends back the remainder. I personally have not dealt with that type of scenario, but I believe that Paypal will side with the seller on this based on if you as the seller have a good record with them previously. You may wish to open a direct dialog with a Paypal rep to see what they would do.

John M>

roboticplanet
08-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Not as described and require him to return it?

This. I don't recall ever hearing of Paypal siding with a seller on a SNAD claim.

If the buyer's claim took money out of your Paypal account, I've heard of sellers making a Non-paying bidder claim on eBay. If the buyer doesn't respond to it within a week they lose their (neg/neutral) feedback-leaving privileges. It's a bit sneaky and maybe unethical, but it apparently can work.

snappy80
08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
paypal almost always sides with the buyer an not the seller. thats why people feel safer paying that way. what is the user id of the buyer who you are talking about? sounds like somebody to avoid.

FireFox91
08-14-2008, 02:19 PM
PayPal is completely pro-buyer. In most cases they will side with the buyer and the person who is paying fees and making them money will get screwed. I very much have a love/hate relationship with PayPal because of this.