PRE PRODUCTION ARCHIVES--IS there such a thing? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : PRE PRODUCTION ARCHIVES--IS there such a thing?

Tinmann
08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
After looking at some great pre-production stuff from here at YOJOE, I was wondering if Hasbro would give the WHOLE HISTORY of GI JOE a thought or two. There is some fantastic creativity that went into the original GI JOE line as well as GI JOE RAH, wonder if Hasbro would ever put that down into a coffee book. The pre-production art alone is worth it.

Anyone interested?

Falcone
08-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I would love to see something like this. But theres no way Hasbro could do it. I would think that most concept art was either thrown out, lost, or taken by employees making it impossible to track it all down.

TOPSON
09-05-2008, 09:17 PM
It would still be cool for them to maybe make a pamphlet or small book of what they still do have and give it out at cons.
Chris

Xavieur@aol.com
10-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I have a significant amount of early and late G.I. Joe production art. I know for a fact that Hasbro is the wrong source for these items as it doesn't have the vintage stuff that we crave. The new art director, however, is keeping everything for Hasbro.

Maybe one day there will be a book of art and the history... maybe. :)

I should add, however, that there are plenty of great books out there already published that detail the history alone, I suggest Bellamo's book.