joint movement inside MOC figures [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : joint movement inside MOC figures

Stagecoach
09-14-2008, 12:40 AM
i am wondering how common it is for a sealed figure to have a slightly bent knee or elbow

the reason i ask is I recently purchased a 1985 Snow Serpent with a small bubble lift on bottom and his leg is not perfectly straight. I am wondering if maybe he had been tampered with (although the bubble lift is too small to actually remove the figure)

thunt4
09-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Its normal. I have had quite a few figures like this over the years. Just to show how much a figure moves while being shipped and so on I bought a flint moc a while ago and when it came to me his head was through the bubble from shipping. It happens so I wouldn't think it was tampered with.

kurthalsey
09-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I've got plenty with a bent up leg and no bubble lift. I've got lots of twisted arms and almost backwards hands too. Mostly, I can deal with it, as long as the heads aren't turned completely to the side! That always bothers me...

Let's keep the MOC area active!

karamazov80
09-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Let's keep the MOC area active! If someone would like to donate a few to a poor bastard like myself, then I would be happy to contribute to this section :)

kurthalsey
09-14-2008, 11:06 PM
If someone would like to donate a few to a poor bastard like myself, then I would be happy to contribute to this section :)

You can actually find some somewhat cheap if you search ebay like a mad man... I've scored a few recently that were listed sort of untraditionally... no GI Joe in the title- so you have to look for each figure's name, and then no MOC or MOSC, but terms like "carded", "sealed", "sealed on card", "on card", "in package", "packaged", NIP, MIP...

So that is where the deals are~!