MOC/MISB sellers [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : MOC/MISB sellers

pud333
09-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Hey guys, new to the yojoe forum here, and actually new to Joe collecting (only in last couple of months). First off, just wanted to say it's great to see a forum dedicated solely to MOC collecting. My friends sometimes make fun of me for doing it, but hey, I figure collecting is about personal choice, right? The only figures I collect in MOC are Joes, but sometimes I do the same for a Transformer or Revoltech every now and then, but particularly the Joes. I find the artwork so great on the single cards that I can't bring myself to open them. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was wondering what were some of the better resources for getting MOC figures. When I go to a retail store (eg: TRU, Walmart, etc) I'll often dig for the best condition figure, but sometimes the condition of the figures are less than acceptable due to peg wear, neglect, etc. I'm wondering about online stores that cater to the MOC collector. I know that BBTS has options for "collector's grade" as well as TFSource having a similar option for Transformers. Are there any others I should know about?

Any input is apprecated. Thanks in advance! :D

Da_Last_2_Walk
09-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Welcome!

You can try www.hasbrotoyshop.com, ebay & some of the sellers on this board, to find MOMC Joes.

Satandy
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey guys, new to the yojoe forum here, and actually new to Joe collecting (only in last couple of months). First off, just wanted to say it's great to see a forum dedicated solely to MOC collecting. My friends sometimes make fun of me for doing it, but hey, I figure collecting is about personal choice, right? The only figures I collect in MOC are Joes, but sometimes I do the same for a Transformer or Revoltech every now and then, but particularly the Joes. I find the artwork so great on the single cards that I can't bring myself to open them. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was wondering what were some of the better resources for getting MOC figures. When I go to a retail store (eg: TRU, Walmart, etc) I'll often dig for the best condition figure, but sometimes the condition of the figures are less than acceptable due to peg wear, neglect, etc. I'm wondering about online stores that cater to the MOC collector. I know that BBTS has options for "collector's grade" as well as TFSource having a similar option for Transformers. Are there any others I should know about?

Any input is apprecated. Thanks in advance! :D

I've never bought collector grade from BBTS, but their regular shipping is really careful. If you buy a case of figures you get the case wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a BBTS box. Single figures are always packed carefully too. I'm not super picky, but it would seem like collector grade for new stuff from them might be overkill?

I bought a new 25th anniversary Shipwreck from there that was supposed to be damaged/low grade and when I got it, it was just scuffed on the plastic bubble part. They seem to be pretty good there.

I've never bought from Hasbro but occasionally people mention getting bent cards crammed into small boxes, etc. so at least there seems to be some inconsistency there.

pud333
09-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Welcome!

You can try www.hasbrotoyshop.com (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com), ebay & some of the sellers on this board, to find MOMC Joes.

Thanks for the welcome! Alas, I live in Canada and HTS doesn't ship outside of the US just yet. They've been teasing us canucks for months about the possibility of it, but it hasn't happened yet.

I've never bought collector grade from BBTS, but their regular shipping is really careful. If you buy a case of figures you get the case wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a BBTS box. Single figures are always packed carefully too. I'm not super picky, but it would seem like collector grade for new stuff from them might be overkill?

That's good to know. I've only ever managed to order non-Joe stuff from them. Every time I go to pre-order a Joe figure, it's always sold out. I guess I'm just too slow on the draw. :mad:

Satandy
09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
That's good to know. I've only ever managed to order non-Joe stuff from them. Every time I go to pre-order a Joe figure, it's always sold out. I guess I'm just too slow on the draw. :mad:

If you hang around here enough, people occasionally will post links to the pre-order pages on BBTS for joes before they are announced by the emails. It has helped me land preorders there.

Da_Last_2_Walk
09-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Alas, I live in Canada and HTS doesn't ship outside of the US just yet. They've been teasing us canucks for months about the possibility of it, but it hasn't happened yet.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were from Canada when I posted my response.

I have some MOMC 25TH Joes available if you are interested.