Is this a good deal? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

Mrjon
09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
My friend offered me a few of his Joes that are from 88 and 92 that have never been opened/still on the card. he found them in a bag of Xmas gifts he was supposed to get as a kid. He said I could have them all for about $20-30 a piece b/c he doesnt want to bother selling them and he knows I'm saving moving for my move to Tokyo. Is this a good price to buy then resell?
92 These all say Battle Corp on them. Does that matter?:
Backblast
Crimson Guard
Duke
Frostbite
Gristle
Keel Haul
Law
Long Arm
Mace
Law
Muskrat

88 These have micro figures?
Annihilator
Dee Jay
Backblast
Deepsix
Downtown
Frag Viper
Heat Viper
Night Viper

Also any idea how how much a roadblock, lady jay, dial tone and mutt would be still on their cards? I cant find an online guide ><

Soulgem
09-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm in no way an authority on prices, but I watch what MOCs go for on ebay, and lately, the prices for ordinary figures have gone a bit down.
It all depends which Roadblock, Dial Tone and Mutt we're talking about, if it's V2 for all three (Gray pants RB, Sonic DT, SM Mutt), maybe around 40-50? Lady Jaye will command a nice amount, depening on condtion of card, say around 100, maybe more.

I think 20-30 pr figure for the rest of the lot is a bit much.

zark1976
09-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I feel it is a bit high on average.

Mrjon
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm using the Yo Joe figure identifier on these.
Lady Jay looks like the one from 85
Mutt looks like the one from 84
Roadblock is from 83
Dial Tone is from 86 as well
and also Rock N Roll from 82 is on a card, this ones plastic is a little yellow/orange and separated a little from the card at the bottom.

Any ideas on what these would be worth?

kurthalsey
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm using the Yo Joe figure identifier on these.
Lady Jay looks like the one from 85
Mutt looks like the one from 84
Roadblock is from 83
Dial Tone is from 86 as well
and also Rock N Roll from 82 is on a card, this ones plastic is a little yellow/orange and separated a little from the card at the bottom.

Any ideas on what these would be worth?

Depends on if Lady Jay is a flat logo or a 3-D logo, with the Flat one fetching a titch more. A moc Mutt sold last month one bay for 768 dollars. I bought my moc Mutt on ebay for 64 dollars a few weeks ago. Final Frontier has one with a price tag tear listed for 400 some bucks. I sold an AFA 80 one earlier in the year for 300 dollars... so who knows! It's all what some one will pay, I guess and what some one wants out of it.

Roadblock is some one people always ask a lot for... he is cool, but I don't think peaople think he is as cool as the prices people want for him. You might want to check ebay completed auctions, gijoepriceguide.com, and some of the bigger retailers like Brian's Toys and Final Frontier to get an idea of what they are selling for.

Rock N Roll is going to vary a lot with what back the card has, and if he is straight arm or swivel arm.

I'd say pick up the classics like Roadblock and Mutt and Lady Jay if you can for sure! And if you want to flip the Mutt, I'd be all ears! :)