Anyone else see this? Hasbrotoyshop selling AFA [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Anyone else see this? Hasbrotoyshop selling AFA

Tom-K
10-30-2008, 03:30 PM
just checked their site and saw them selling the new figures that have already been graded? and at a hefty price!

check them out

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=2&BR=520&ST=SO&PG=2

karamazov80
10-30-2008, 03:46 PM
It isn't the first time. Probably won't be the last. They make money off of it, and people that want to buy AFA get it cheaper than they would from eBay. Honestly, though I can't ever see myself getting an AFA graded toy, I don't see a problem with this--everyone involved seems to benefit.

Though as an aside, in an age where getting minty, case-fresh figures is really easy and cheap, I don't personally understand why new AFA figures go for the prices they do, but. . .it must make sense to others.

Grunt
10-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I think its ridiculous too. I can't fathom the idea, but then I don't collect AFA graded stuff. I wonder what those that do the graded thing think? Is it worth it to them?

dockingbay97
10-30-2008, 06:18 PM
I figure if someone wants to spend the money, then let them. I won't.

However I am bugged that they are selling figures that are in stock that I haven't found in stores yet.

karamazov80
10-30-2008, 06:27 PM
However I am bugged that they are selling figures that are in stock that I haven't found in stores yet.
What bugs me even more is that their "in stock" notice is usually a trick, meaning that only a "pre-order" is available. I wonder how many moms get suckered into this, and then sit around for weeks wondering where their kids' toys are.

kurthalsey
10-30-2008, 07:04 PM
9.25? I don't know... Why the switch in grading scales now for "modern" toys?

They were selling AFA stuff last year IIRC.

Volleydan
10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I personally find this repugnant. We can't find these items at retail anywhere, but we can find them GRADED for ten times the price - directly from the manufacturer, no less?

Besides the distribution issues, it seems wrong that Hasbro has an advantage at being able to get higher graded items than the average consumer would....all they have to do is pick the nicest ones off of the line and send them in.....or send in sealed cases to get the "U" grade.

So not only do I have to deal with not being able to find new product, I also have to put up with seeing them listed online at graded prices..... It was bad enough when Hasbro did this at SDCC but now they're doing it with general release items too....I'm done. Hasbro can go jump in a lake because I'm not buying another 25th Joe.

kurthalsey
10-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Well said, Volleydan.

I've personally never bought a 25th Joe. Purposeful variants were enough to turn me off from the chase of modern toys- but I blame McFarlane for that trend!

Consumer fleecing is definitely grounds enough to stand up and say no more with your dollar.

Da_Last_2_Walk
10-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Great idea for Hasbro & AFA!

I can get newly released, high AFA graded, Uncirculated figures.

AFA haters, hate on!

Tenric
10-30-2008, 07:29 PM
I personally find this repugnant. We can't find these items at retail anywhere, but we can find them GRADED for ten times the price - directly from the manufacturer, no less?

To be fair, Hasbro Toy Shop is not owned or operated by Hasbro.

themoney75
10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
i just wonder do they pick though the cases at the warehouse to get the best shape one's and send us the rest.

the "viper"575
10-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Maybe I'm a stickler for perfection but doesn't it seem pathetic that Hasbro can't even score above a 9.2 with the AFA? Maybe their factories should have better quality control.

The Motts
10-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Has anyone else noticed that HTS says the graded wave 11 figures ususally ship within one business day but the ungraded figures aren't scheduled to start shipping until 11/24? What's up with that?

cthulhu522
11-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Maybe I'm a stickler for perfection but doesn't it seem pathetic that Hasbro can't even score above a 9.2 with the AFA? Maybe their factories should have better quality control.

Indeed...

Anyway, I'm no fan of afa (nor do I collect MOC anymore), but whatever... more power to them if they can sell them.

Brooks
11-04-2008, 12:26 PM

Seriously, can you get better condition than straight from the source? AFA seems to set an impossible standard.

zark1976
11-05-2008, 12:58 PM
They have enough of the pilot Scarlett, airborne, matt trakker and others to send them off to AFA to get graded, but not to fulfill my order?

GIJoeVSTransformers
08-15-2009, 08:10 PM
To be fair, Hasbro Toy Shop is not owned or operated by Hasbro.

Um, excuse me? Then why is the website copyright Hasbro? Why does the "About Us" link to the Hasbro.com corporate information page?

And why would WHOIS say that the site is registered to Hasbro, Inc. Or that the domain is hosted by hasbro.com?
http://www.whois.net/whois/hasbrotoyshop.com

I think you've been misinformed. :)