Hasbro Q & A Round 5 Answers [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hasbro Q & A Round 5 Answers

General_Hawk
12-01-2008, 03:37 PM
YoJoe presents our latest Hasbro Q&A! So without further delay, here are your questions.

1. How many assortments of figures (single card) and vehicles can Joe fans expect between now (Holiday season 2008) and the debut of G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra products?

Hasbro: Our goal is to get out as many figures as possible.

2. Recently, photos have shown up on the interwebs of a new pod-shaped G.I.Joe snowmobile and a green and white Snow Job figure. Any comment as to the origin of this unique item?

Hasbro: No comment.

3.The latest shipment of Operation Rescue: Doc figures have been arriving in mail boxes across the country and collectors noticed immediately the improved "Duke" arms - this is fantastic but why the change in the middle of the production offer and will we see a Doc hanging on the pegs in the next year?

Hasbro: The change was made because we went back and did a second production run of figures because the promotion was so successful. Doc will not be coming out next year.

4. We at YoJoe have been hearing a lot of buzz about figures coming without a knife to fill an empty sheath or pistol to fill an empty holster - our fans are clamoring for spare accessories, like the 80s accessory packs - any chance of something like this? (Star Wars does it with their Clone Gear weapons lockers).

Hasbro: There are no plans for this right now, but please keep giving us feedback and we will keep looking at new ideas to bring to the fans.

5. Something we've noticed with our new DVD Pyramid of Darkness sets - Some Dusty figures have his web gear/straps and others are missing this accessory, any idea on what happened and what can fans do to complete their figures?

Hasbro: This was a production error coming out of the factory in China. All of the figures have now been produced, but any future figures will be corrected.

Average Joe
12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
the first two questions were busts. wasted questions. I hate when Hasbro does that crap.

RedClaw
12-01-2008, 04:22 PM
the first two questions were busts. wasted questions. I hate when Hasbro does that crap.

Yeah and those were very thoughtful, straightforward questions.

The Motts
12-01-2008, 04:30 PM
It seems to me that most of these answers were not all that informative. At least in question five they sort of explained why some Dusties didn't come with web gear.

Ford
12-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Wait, those are the actual answers?! I thought this was a joke! Where did the answers come from, Hasbro's Department of Redundancy Department?

zark1976
12-01-2008, 04:47 PM
It seems to me that most of these answers were not all that informative. At least in question five they sort of explained why some Dusties didn't come with web gear.
Except for the fact that they completely ignored the part about where can we get replacements if we didn't get the gear in the first place. All of these answers are completely useless. Why even bother having a Q&A if you're going to completely avoid answering questions?

silverc
12-01-2008, 05:36 PM
I've heard more definative answers from politicians. That really told us nothing. Thanks Hasbro.

RowdyRodimus
12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
They had better have some Docs left. I sent my order in, they cashed the check and then said I wasn't found in their database as ordering one. They'll love it when I show my sue happy lawyer cousin the check and their reply.

I know it's only 4.95, but the principle of the thing is what it's about.

The Motts
12-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Except for the fact that they completely ignored the part about where can we get replacements if we didn't get the gear in the first place. All of these answers are completely useless. Why even bother having a Q&A if you're going to completely avoid answering questions?

You're right. I didn't read the entire question. I already bought another of that DVD pack to replace my original Dusty. Not only was his webgear missing, but his left hand was messed up as well.

Mud Turkey 13
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
They had better have some Docs left. I sent my order in, they cashed the check and then said I wasn't found in their database as ordering one. They'll love it when I show my sue happy lawyer cousin the check and their reply.

I know it's only 4.95, but the principle of the thing is what it's about.

I haven't received my Doc yet either. I know they just recently shipped some out, but can I ask who you contacted to find out about your order just in case I need to do the same?

MikePrime
12-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I can see why Hasbro gave the "no comment" to question number two. Maybe they don't want to talk about movie toys just now? [Or maybe they are ashamed of such an awful vehicle?:D ]

Hasbro has been pretty quick with the waves of figures so far, despite the slowness of retailers to stock the figures. This suggests that Hasbro has a lot of figures planned ahead of time. I don't why they can't give a better answer to question number one?

RowdyRodimus
12-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I haven't received my Doc yet either. I know they just recently shipped some out, but can I ask who you contacted to find out about your order just in case I need to do the same?

I went to the Hasbro site and went to customer service. I had to fill out a form with my name and e mail address.

crowinghorse
12-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Be sure to head over to Figures.com (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=77&show_article=687&nl=1) and check out five more Q&A answers!

See HERE (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=77&show_article=687&nl=1)!

Mud Turkey 13
12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I went to the Hasbro site and went to customer service. I had to fill out a form with my name and e mail address.

Cool. Thanks a lot.

karamazov80
12-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Way to dodge questions, H-Bro. I'm just realizing that my Dusty is incomplete. . .and of course, no recourse from you. Thanks for nothing :mad:

Is it just me, or does it seem as though the guy answering the questions doesn't even know the answers?

zark1976
12-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Way to dodge questions, H-Bro. I'm just realizing that my Dusty is incomplete. . .and of course, no recourse from you. Thanks for nothing :mad:

Is it just me, or does it seem as though the guy answering the questions doesn't even know the answers?
It seems to me more like following a company line. The exact same answer to the Dusty question was given verbatim on several websites.