Similar MOC's weirding me out... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Similar MOC's weirding me out...

kurthalsey
12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Wow, so on ebay lately there have been a lot of similar MOC Joes, but from different sellers...

1 ungraded 20 back Gung Ho with a $2.57 K-Mart Sticker Over the E.
1 graded 20 back Gung Ho with a $2.57 K-Mart Sticker in an ever so slightly different position over the E.

1 ungraded unpunched Blow Torch with a $3.57 Allied Sports blue Price sticker
1 ungraded unpunched Blow Torch with a $3.57 Allied Sports blue Price sticker in a different position.

1 ungraded Crimson Guard unpunched Triple Win with a yellow price sticker over the card artwork's head
1 graded Crimson Guard unpunched Triple Win with a yellow price sticker over the card artwork's head but at a slightly different angle.

Was there an awesome flea market find that I missed out on or what? I've never seen matching figures with matching price stickers like that before all at once and from different sellers.

STINGER-UNDERCOVER
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Do U Still Have The Links To The Auctions. I Noticed That Also On Other Auctions In The Past. It Is Very Weird In Deed

kurthalsey
12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.kurthalsey.com/joes/2.jpg

http://www.kurthalsey.com/joes/1.jpg

http://www.kurthalsey.com/joes/3.jpg

I mean, Allied Sports is pretty obscure, and so is that yellow sticker... and these are from 2 different sellers (graded, ungraded).

Jonas
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Good eye. The way that each figure is placed inside the bubble shows a subtle, yet distinct difference between each figure/auction. Nevertheless, this is a weird coincidence.

The Allied Sports is a definite happen-chance coincidence; however, it is also likely that Allied Sports sold their JOEs in a bin instead of on pegs--hence both being unpunched.

As a side note, Gung-Ho was one of the most produced 20-back figures. There are more out there (unpunched, unopened) than you would believe.

citizendan1st
12-08-2008, 05:15 PM
i would imagine also that the stock boy opened a case and stuck the tags on in a repetitive way. wouldnt surprise me the price tags would be in the near same position from time to time...plus people being broke are resorting to selling their collections...I told everyone at work to look in their parents attics for toys..split the profits

kurthalsey
12-08-2008, 08:01 PM
i would imagine also that the stock boy opened a case and stuck the tags on in a repetitive way.

I totally pictured that exactly! Just amazing that these figures from the same batches survived MOC and then show up for sale at the same exact time.

zark1976
12-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I've been noticing a lot of similar items on ebay lately that we haven't been seeing as much of in a while. I mean I saw 3 complete Ripcords with Full cardbacks running concurrently. I think that's more full cardbacks for ripcord than I have seen in 6 months.

I've also noticed more carded Snow Job, Blow Torch, Recondos Etc. showing up than ever. the economy is really hitting collectors hard it seems. Too bad so many people dumping collections seems to be sort of watering down the demand a little.

kurthalsey
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
I've also noticed more carded Snow Job, Blow Torch, Recondos Etc. showing up than ever. the economy is really hitting collectors hard it seems. Too bad so many people dumping collections seems to be sort of watering down the demand a little.

I say bring it, cause I still need a few more!

Falcone
12-12-2008, 06:20 AM
I totally pictured that exactly! Just amazing that these figures from the same batches survived MOC and then show up for sale at the same exact time.

Who knows maybe each pair were born in the same factory at the same time, and shipped to the same place, and sat in retail next to each other. This could have been your chance to reunite these figures with one another.:p

Cobra-Loyalist
12-12-2008, 10:57 PM
That is quite odd ....very, very strange. :eek:

But nice carded figs man! :D ..nice score..! :)

- CL :cool:

zartanmaniac
12-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey:
I have been a serious Moc/Misb collector for awhile and wanted to throw out another suggestion for why there a similar stickers showing up. I was just wondering if you entertained the idea that a dealer had actually obtained a roll of older price tags and had printed some up to hide card flaws?

I say this because there have been times where I've boughten a price-stickered item that I knew I could easily remove the sticker, but when I did, there was evidence behind the removed sticker that there had been damage there before. I haven't actually done this myself, but you could see how financially it would help anyone selling a stickered item as opposed to an unstickered item with a tear.

Just a Suggestion.

kurthalsey
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey:
I have been a serious Moc/Misb collector for awhile and wanted to throw out another suggestion for why there a similar stickers showing up. I was just wondering if you entertained the idea that a dealer had actually obtained a roll of older price tags and had printed some up to hide card flaws?

I have heard first hand of that practice.