Please Vote [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Please Vote

T. Joe
01-08-2002, 08:46 PM
Hi. I just made a website to help develop G.I. Joe "Code of Conduct". Please help by going to my site and voting.

The G.I. Joe Code (http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/tjd1119/index.html)

Thanks,
T. Joe

captainterrebonne
01-11-2002, 04:10 PM
As I first agreed about a week and a half ago I think that a code of conduct would be a great idea. I feel that if anyone does not follow the code and just is uncooperative to deal with should not get our buisness. If someone cannot follow a few simple guide lines to make it safer and reduce our chance of getting cheated and be able to enjoy our hobbies then they are probably someone who is not trustworthy to begin with. I cannot say enough good about it. Anyone not following the code should not be taken seriously and if anyone is is caught purposly cheating someone then they should be thrown off of the site. Sure there is nothing stopping them from assuming another identity, but we would eventually see a distinction between the "older members" and the new people such as myself for the time being. I know that this may sound strange coming from me, however I am sure that some of the older members with several dozen post to their name and a record as far as dealing with others would be more adventageous to deal with then someone new who you dont know that much about. At least thats the way I feel about it. P.S. T-JOE keep up the good work I took the poll Let me know if you have any feedback for me on this or if there is someway I can be of help for this. Thanks captainterrebonne@yahoo.com

acmirro
01-11-2002, 11:56 PM
I think the original idea joes4sale.com had for a "Code of Conduct" was simply for users to share some sort of board etiquette. (Bob?) Basically showing others respect when using the board. A absolutely wonderful idea in my eyes. I think it might be easier to bring up problems as they arise instead of making a list.

I do, however think we should come up with a collections of rules/guidelines for people when trading on this board. Stuff like, send when you say you are. Dent get mad when someone declines a trade. Seller gets money before shipping stuff. Traders pay for their own shipping, ect ect, ect.....

I also thought it might be a decent idea for those who are known as good traders to set up some sort of email system to check if someone is trustworthy.

None of this will be fool prof, but it should make trading/selling safer for honest people...

just my thoughts....