Why doesn't Hasbro AFA other lines? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Why doesn't Hasbro AFA other lines?

Super Sport
01-04-2009, 03:49 PM
What's up with Hasbro only AFAing Joe Stuff? Yeah, they have AFAed items from their other lines, but they're entirely SDCC Exclusives. As it stands, Joes are the only mainline stuff they've made the effort with.

Is it that the mainline TF and SW collections are too vast to have graded? And their packaging and price points too varied, where as the Joe line's uniformity lends them to grading en masse? Or maybe they're just testing the waters with Joes before they throw their other properties in for a swim?

And why no graded vehicles? Perhaps Hasbro knows their window boxes are crap, and would only result in low grades?

Thoughts?

Volleydan
01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Personally, I think it's bunk that Hasbro even sends stuff to AFA....especially when there are people whose orders from HTS can't be filled with those same items that they sent in for grading.

Da_Last_2_Walk
01-04-2009, 04:07 PM
What's up with Hasbro only AFAing Joe Stuff? Yeah, they have AFAed items from their other lines, but they're entirely SDCC Exclusives. As it stands, Joes are the only mainline stuff they've made the effort with.

Is it that the mainline TF and SW collections are too vast to have graded? And their packaging and price points too varied, where as the Joe line's uniformity lends them to grading en masse? Or maybe they're just testing the waters with Joes before they throw their other properties in for a swim?

And why no graded vehicles? Perhaps Hasbro knows their window boxes are crap, and would only result in low grades?

Thoughts?Damn, I tried to get in before the AFA hatin' started, but.....

I'm glad they are AFAing the 25TH Joes.

I don't know their reasoning, but I think maybe it's what you mentioned about testing the waters.

Maybe AFA made Hasbro a deal on all the SDCC items?

Volleydan
01-04-2009, 04:54 PM
No need to be so sensitive.....I didn't say anything negative about AFA. The "bad" here is on Hasbro.

They are refusing to fill orders from consumers in order to send those items to AFA for grading instead. They will then sell those items to AFA collectors for several times more than they offered to sell them originally.

If Hasbro doesn't intend to sell items, they shouldn't list them on their website as for sale.....

Draven
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Maybe HTS should concentrate on getting out their NON AFA graded stuff to customers in decent condition, rather than trying to sell their own stuff at ridiculously inflated prices; I've heard some real horror stories from Transformers collectors about the state their orders turned up in.

Super Sport
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Maybe AFA made Hasbro a deal on all the SDCC items?

Just based on volume, there's no doubt Hasbro worked out a deal with AFA for reduced fees when they began with the grading of 07 SDCC Exclusives. Even if they did it for free, it's great p.r. It's like Hasbro gave AFA their blessing as a legitimate collector's resource.

Personally, I think it's bunk that Hasbro even sends stuff to AFA....especially when there are people whose orders from HTS can't be filled with those same items that they sent in for grading.

What's puzzling to me is why they bothered to grade peg warmers. Perhaps they're the downside of sending in sealed cases for uncirculated grades?