Anyone get Airborne yet?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Anyone get Airborne yet??

Currahee_Chris
03-23-2009, 12:20 PM
If so- how is he?? Better than the vintage figure??

Kronz
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe not better, I mean the original was one of the greatest Joes...but this 25th version is easily one of their best offerings. His new figure gives him more distinction so he doesn't feel quite so related to Duke and Steel Brigade. You should add him to your collection for sure.

kessek
03-23-2009, 05:04 PM
I didn't know the character as a child beyond the one or two times he was on the show. But I can tell you the 25th version is one of the best figures they made. He's awesome.

sparks007
03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
he is one of the best of the line so far

Grunt
03-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Airborne is my all time fav so I'm a pretty tough critic, and I think the new version is awesome. Better than the original-no- but pretty darn awesome.

Compulsive Collector
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I've seen him and left him behind a dozen or so times now. In fact, one of my local Target stores had six of them on Saturday. There's just not much to him, but I might buy one out of boredom eventually.

JohnnyAngel77
03-24-2009, 09:29 AM
I have him but I have yet to open him due to being lazy.

meyerc13
03-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Airborne is my all time fav so I'm a pretty tough critic, and I think the new version is awesome. Better than the original-no- but pretty darn awesome.

I'd argue that he is better. Having a usable carbiner? I don't remember that on the original. I've seen some very cool dio shots with this figure hanging from a chopper.

Rooster3D
03-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Great figure, but the Native-American-Turquoise jacket is just as lame now as it was back then. The paint is a little thick on the helmet, too. Well, I guess he's just as misfit and inconsistent as all the other figures, but just little things.

Currahee_Chris
03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
You guys must be professional salespeople :D

Just got back from making my weekly Comicshop/Target adventure and got Airborne. Happy to report all the assessments here are dead on in my opinion. The only criticism with my figure is that his backpack doesn't fit all the way on- this is a first for me with the new molds.

YO JOE!! I'd give him a 8.5/10- easily one of the best joes out there- all his weapons fit snugly and the removable helmet is grand.

On another note- this may be the last 25th I purchase- sad to say- will probably pick up the COBRA trooper now and again but the Joe offerings are getting pretty slim- would like to get the Resolute Duke with jetpack though. Am probably going to go back to vintage "lot" purchases. The movie figures just don't look too terribly appealing (though the vehicles do).

Cheers
CC