Triple Win vs. Non and Peach vs. Grey [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Triple Win vs. Non and Peach vs. Grey

Bigbot
04-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi guys,

Can someone explain to me the chronological order of these variations? Also, which is more desirable in your opinion? Thanks!!!

just_joes_by_mike
04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Not sure about triple win, that must have been on the front. But to answer your ? regarding filecards would be this.

Peach 1982-1985
Grey 1985-1989?

Fuzzy about when they changed from grey. I know 1990 had some different color ones for sonic fighters

The 1985 figs have both peach and grey if they were released in 1986. ie. crimson guard you will find both.

Bigbot
04-07-2009, 09:44 PM
You're the man, Mike, thanks.

I am still trying to figure out the Triple Win variation. You would think the non-offer versions came first, but I have heard conflicting stories.

Average Joe
04-07-2009, 10:11 PM
one 84 figure (Storm Shadow) is also on both peach and grey cards.

Bigbot
04-07-2009, 10:15 PM
one 84 figure (Storm Shadow) is also on both peach and grey cards.

True that...I have the grey version. Actually that's what got me kinda wondering. That and I started noticing poeple advertise the grey versus peach.

Average Joe
04-07-2009, 10:26 PM
got an extra grey SS? I still need one. :o

kurthalsey
04-08-2009, 02:10 AM
True that...I have the grey version. Actually that's what got me kinda wondering. That and I started noticing poeple advertise the grey versus peach.

I always was perplexed by this... If it has a flat logo, it has a peach card. The only year it really affects is the '86- the '85 figures (and storm shadow!) that were still being produced for the switch to 3-D logo/grey cards. I got so many ebay questions because I did not advertise peach or grey... "Is this a peach card"? Yep- check the logo! And a '86 or later figure will never have a peach card so there is no reason to advertise the color of the card.

People have said all offer cards were later releases of the figures. I don't know if that is true or not, but it would make sense.

Bigbot
04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
got an extra grey SS? I still need one. :o

Negative, AJ. I got pretty lucky when I picked mine up. One of those over looked auctions... :) I wish you luck though!

Bigbot
04-08-2009, 12:59 PM
People have said all offer cards were later releases of the figures. I don't know if that is true or not, but it would make sense.

That's what I figured as well. But then I bought from a reputable dealer/source that said he believed the triple win Tomax/Xamots came before the non-offers.

I was looking for a cherry set of MISB Twins. Now I find myself owning one of each variation...both cherry. I was contemplating letting one go, but I want to keep the earliest release.

kurthalsey
04-08-2009, 04:15 PM
That's what I figured as well. But then I bought from a reputable dealer/source that said he believed the triple win Tomax/Xamots came before the non-offers.

I was looking for a cherry set of MISB Twins. Now I find myself owning one of each variation...both cherry. I was contemplating letting one go, but I want to keep the earliest release.

I've seen other offers on Tomax and Xamot too... the Sgt. Slaughter for sure.

bigjohnwoo
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Triple Win offers came after the offerless 1985 peach cards. You can tell because the Dreadnoks had various running changes to their filecards' text and accessory listings, and the later versions are on triple win cardbacks, not offerless.

Bigbot
04-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Triple Win offers came after the offerless 1985 peach cards. You can tell because the Dreadnoks had various running changes to their filecards' text and accessory listings, and the later versions are on triple win cardbacks, not offerless.

Thanks for the knowledge. I know it's ultimately a matter of preference, but are there opinions on which version is more diserable out in the MOC community as far as Triple vs. Non-offer vs. Other offer?