2009 JoeCon Figure poll [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 2009 JoeCon Figure poll

RedClaw
04-18-2009, 04:29 PM
So, what are the thoughts of YoJoe members on a re-make of the 2002 set?

CGC
04-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I think it will be very popular - the Crimson Command set was the best received of all of them (3¾" anyway) done so far. The anniversary sculpts are also very popular, so between having a cheaper option to get the Crimson Command set compared to what the '02 set costs now and having them in the newer style that is becoming more popular all the time, I'm sure it'll sell out.

Personally I'll be passing on this set - the first one for me. I like the o-ring construction. These are still very cool, but they aren't my Joes. I was a little disappointed to find out the o-rings are gone, but hopefully it's only for this year. From what I remember coming from GIJCC, & I'm pretty sure it was Brian who said it, upcoming con sets in the foreseeable future would be ARAH sculpts. That's enough for me to keep my hopes up for next year.

Average Joe
04-18-2009, 04:51 PM
CGC, although the original set was quite popular and the 25th figures are popular as well...keep in mind that the Viper is considered to be one of the most disapointing figures in the 25th line so far.

I will probably get the twins, the baroness and 2 Vipers on the secondary market. To me, Crimson Commanders simply MUST be crimson.

Sniper Viper
04-18-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm sure they won't serve us with the disappointing Viper figure initially released, but the re-issued version from the HOH set, or the latest Cobra boxed set. MC usually makes things like this right before they deliver the final product, I'm sure this won't be any different. The latest Viper & Baroness figures both look great, as do the Comic Pack Twins, so I'm sure it will be an impressive set.

I will buy my usual lot of convention figures/vehicles this year. If anything, they may be easier to obtain than previous years' lots if others pass on them.

MikePrime
04-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I won't buy it. I know the club is repeating itself with this year's set, but I have another reason for not wanting this set. Army builders. Some army builder figures are nice, but not when they make up the majority of a convention set. It's especially disappointing when there's nothing special about the characters either. At least something like the M.A.R.S. set had two different army builders as well as new versions of established characters. I think the "Tanks for the Memories" set was the best one. It was a good balance of well made character figures and new army builders.

To further annoy, I'm sure that there will be far more interesting, attendee only, figures.

Viper Commander
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm mostly a 25th collector nowadays, but I feel for the ARAH fans, I thought MC was supposed to keep the vintage alive by offering only vintage style sets. :(

dominic.18
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm not happy with the set but I will probably buy one of each figure in the set just to satisfy my completist mind.

skinny
04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
i dislike the set, but I am getting one, because with the movie and resolute and all the figs out there, this looks to be a good con. and if anyone from the movie shows up in KC, it will be worth the trip... So if you dont want the set will you still go to the con? the packages dont seem to offer the same things if you dont buy the set (American Hero's package vs Sergeant's package)

Super Sport
04-23-2009, 03:55 AM
They got me. I'll take two even, what with all the money I'm saving by avoiding 99% of the movie line.

That sounded like a Geico commercial.

cmderinchief
04-25-2009, 02:43 AM
I am personally getting the 12" set this year out of protest.

MikePrime
04-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I could see that. The 12" Joe colllectors always get something that's really nice, especially over these past few years.

FireFox91
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I am personally getting the 12" set this year out of protest.

Wouldn't the protest be better served by just not buying either set?

cmderinchief
05-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Actually, it would be 100% effective if I decided not to show up to the con at all - but I am not going to let the club ruin a good time to meet up with my friends.

Soulgem
05-14-2009, 07:35 AM
I hoped for RAH, but I don't mind that much the 25th sculpt.

The things that annoys me are:
1. Old idea. Wasn't that impressive last time either. Just simple repaints. No new characters even.
2. Too few characters. In essence we have 3 different figures in this set. That is extremely weak, considering it's an old set. Look at 2007 for instance. At least they could switched two Vipers out with some CGs or something.

Will still buy, but I am dissapointed.

Patrick A. Riley
06-05-2009, 01:30 PM
They've surprised in the past by giving us ARAH style figures or body parts we thought were lost. So this is obviously a major letdown. I'm not a fan of the 25th style (only some of the cool new accessories). Eventhough I probably wouldn't have had the money anyway, I would have preferred an ARAH style set, as they are our only outlet. They have wasted an opportunity this year

Sniper Viper
06-07-2009, 11:16 AM
The latest issue of Master Collector shows an image of the Viper & Baroness figures, the Viper has the fixed wrists & the vac-metalized (chrome) faceplate.

masteratarms2ndclass
06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
...Personally I'll be passing on this set - the first one for me. I like the o-ring construction. These are still very cool, but they aren't my Joes. I was a little disappointed to find out the o-rings are gone, but hopefully it's only for this year. From what I remember coming from GIJCC, & I'm pretty sure it was Brian who said it, upcoming con sets in the foreseeable future would be ARAH sculpts. That's enough for me to keep my hopes up for next year. These are my sentiments exactly. I do believe that the 25th style are beautiful figures, but I don't know what is wrong with the standard buck - especially the Con and Club exclusives. I just received my Club Exclusive Undertow and it is spectacular... IMO, Brian really came through on this year's club member free figure. Best looking Iron Grenadier figure to date, by my estimation. The great thing about the collector's club is that it has been the place to buy new vintage style 12 inch and vintage style 3.75 inch when Hasbro was not producing them in vinatage style... I was going to get a table this year and sell some GIJoeHQ stock up there, but I will pass, b/c half the fun is going and getting the set and exclusives. Hopefully next year we will get ARAH/standard buck style molds and I will see all you guys at next year's con.

I will say that I think mastercollector's set this year is great looking, and congrats to the fans of 25th, they should really enjoy this set. Has anyone heard what vehicles will come out?

Sniper Viper
06-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Pics of the entire Crimson Strike Team:

http://www.gijoecon.com/kc2009/

MOD
07-03-2009, 11:49 PM
I'll pass on it.

FireFox91
07-12-2009, 12:21 PM
With the display of the figures, the box art, and the near-lock that we are getting a Rhino Coptor somewhere in the set, I still haven't seen anything that makes me want to attend the convention. Yes, I realize the convention is more than just the toys. But if I am spending over $1000 to attend (which I have on the last 5 conventions) I want to come home with something that was worth while. This isn't it. And on top of that, my closest friends that also attend the convention don't want to go for the very same reasons. This set is a total bust. Even worse than that is the 12 inch set. The club said they only sold 30% of the sets as of 7/8/09. With the convention about a month away, there is no way they are selling out of those. They are only 60% sold through on the 3-3/4" set which still leaves 200 sets. Sounds like quite a bit left over to me.

cmderinchief
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
On the bright side, at least ya made the trip to Canada. :D

GBPackRat
08-04-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm only interested in RAH style figures... I'll be passing on this set. I hope they give us RAH collectors something this year..

Tanner

Loose Cannon
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
It's not so bad but I won't be buying. I will be picking up all the international figure. If this set was Action Force or Mission Brazil with Brazilian figures and Claymore, I'd be in trouble. I am liking the 25th style.

Viper Commander
08-21-2009, 02:32 AM
So now that I have the Crimson Strike Team in hand, I gotta say, its way better than I thought it would be. I had a pair of the OG Crimson Vipers before, and these new ones blow those away easily! Everything about this figure just screams cool, and the Baroness is probably the best version of her that I've ever seen. Of course these are just my opinions, who else got a set and what do you think? :confused:

DPrime
09-04-2009, 08:59 PM
So now that I have the Crimson Strike Team in hand, I gotta say, its way better than I thought it would be. I had a pair of the OG Crimson Vipers before, and these new ones blow those away easily! Everything about this figure just screams cool, and the Baroness is probably the best version of her that I've ever seen. Of course these are just my opinions, who else got a set and what do you think? :confused:

Pretty much agree all around!

steelbrig
05-08-2010, 10:50 PM

I agree! The Crimson Strike Team is one of the best sets ever!

sudelaya
03-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Agree. crimson strike team for sure.

duffmann
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
i just bought this set for $285 shipped and am very happt to be getting it.

Lody
04-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Thinks it be time for a new pole, eh?

Geek-Viper
01-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Thinks it be time for a new pole, eh?

Hmm, let's do that then shall we?