Vehicle re-issues for 25th Modern Era Line [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Vehicle re-issues for 25th Modern Era Line

thornaday3
04-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Hello everyone, I am curious to know something about the 25th Ann vehicle re-issues that are exactly the same as the original ARAH series vehicles. The vehicles I am referring to are the following: Conquest X-30, Cobra Rattler, Tiger Force Tiger Rat, Python Patrol Python Conquest X-30, SHARC, Firebat. These are vehicles that are re-issued for the 25th Ann line but have no minor nor major revisions to them except for the drivers who are included.

My question is for anyone but mainly those who collect both ARAH and Modern Era 25th Ann stuff: do you try to collect both or just one and know that they are both exactly the same but issued several years apart? Do you have both Tiger Rats, Python Conquests, Cobra Rattlers, Conquest X-30s?

Thanks,

Lt. Night Viper
04-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I collect both. I don't have a vintage Rattler or Sharc, but I have the others. Even though they are pretty much the same, I still buy them. Mostly because I keep the 25th stuff in their boxes. The fact they are the same is lost on me :cool:

Christopher Deaton
04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Actually, I've heard that the landing gear on the 25th Anniversary Rattler is supposed to be re-tooled a little bit so that it is more durable and doesn't snap in half like the 1984 ones used to do.

thornaday3
04-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Note: I guess I should mention that I open all my vehicles to display and hang up in battle scenes and stuff. This is why I was asking if I should even bother buying some of the 25th ANN vehicles that are exact (or very close to it) replices of the vintage ARAH stuff. I am definitely going to buy some of the land vehicles because of the retooling and details (Ghost Hawk, Sting Raider just as good examples).

Compulsive Collector
04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Actually, I've heard that the landing gear on the 25th Anniversary Rattler is supposed to be re-tooled a little bit so that it is more durable and doesn't snap in half like the 1984 ones used to do. I didn't pay attention to whether or not it had been retooled, but there's definitely a noticeable difference in durability.

I actually sold my original Rattler after buying two of the new ones with the retooled cockpits, since the 25th-style figures wouldn't fit in the ARAH version. Well, they would technically fit, but the canopy wouldn't close all the way. I did keep my original Conquest, since the 25th-style characters fit nicely inside it.

Dakemesh
04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, the landing gear, and cockpit and gunner's bubbles have been redone on the new Rattler/Tiger Rat.

The stabilizers on the Conquest have also been remolded to help them to clip in better.

PJDonnell
04-20-2009, 01:16 PM
These are vehicles that are re-issued for the 25th Ann line but have no minor nor major revisions to them except for the drivers who are included.

Actually, all four of the vehicles have minor revisions.

As mentioned before, The Rattler has retooled landing gear and seats, but also the tips of the missiles have been rounded off, probably for safety concerns.

The Conquest also has rounded missile tips.

The Sharc Tooth has additional pegs on the underside to fit the smaller backpack holes of the new figures.

The Firebat Jet is a different shade of red than the Terror Drome Firebat and even the mail away Firebat.