MOC Wild Weasel,Copperhead? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : MOC Wild Weasel,Copperhead?

tattooedcrimsonsoldier420
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Just wondering if Copperhead or Wild Weasel ever came as a carded figure. I bid on some a while back on Ebay I didn't win it and regrettably I erased the auction and I am just now getting around to post. I have never seen either of these on a card. Anyone ever seen this? Thanks.

Sorry I guess I should have been more specific as to why they were out of place. I have seen the funskool wild weasel with the bright orange colors and parachute. I don't really like these figures they look cheesy. I am also familiar with the PP version CH but these 2 guys were Hasbro versions with card art to match. I am refering to the Rattler driver of 84' that is red with black and the CH was Water Moccasin driver version as well. It was the "light green" gloves version but on a sealed card with card art to match. Same with WW he had pretty awesome card art to and was MOC also. I guess it had to have been a customizer but I don't remember reading anything about that. These were listed as "MOC" not repro? They went for a little over a hundred bucks. I guess it was a good thing I didn't get them as I would have been pretty mad. But they were indeed impressive.

Propaedeutic
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure Wild Weasel was available on card from Funskool (international release). In America, a Python Patrol version of Copperhead was sold on card in 1989.

Yojoe.com photos
http://www.yojoe.com/action/89/89card/pythoncopperhead.jpg
http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/cardedimages/ind-wildweasel.shtml

ETA: There are also customizers who create impressive original cards for vintage figures that were never sold carded. Their work is pretty impressive and shows up on eBay from time to time.

Volleydan
05-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Other than PP Copperhead and the FS Wild Weasel, I'm not aware of either figure ever being released carded.

I tend to agree with Prop - there is a seller on EBay who does nice custom card art. It's often for characters who were never released carded. I think his EBay handle is the334thjoecompany.

Drunknmunky
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
It was a custom card. The last ones were on a few weeks ago and they looked good. But on the back of the cards it showed a picture of the figure and it said 'more customs on the way' or something to that affect. Nice product but certainly not a vintage MOC