paypal is annoying [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : paypal is annoying

bluebikerboy1
06-28-2009, 01:20 PM
so i get this email yesterday from paypal claiming i have an account limit due to seeling items in violation of there user agreement. i shoot it to spoof@paypal and go on my day. i log into my paypal acount later and it was legit. some sale i sold back in april is in violation of copyright products. i sold some carded extreme troop figures to romacollectables. im like wtf?
apparently out of the 1000 plus inventory i have since thoes 3 items had the word knockoff gi joe in the discription they are in violation and i got an account limitation. its not a huge deal, i can still do buisness. i just cant close the accout while there "investigation" is going on. so i call them and tell them they are not illegal items and you guys are morons (in the nicest way possible). the lady was nice and helped me out. Told me it was probobly in the wording. so i told her i dont have any more of them so she told me to email saying i read the user agreement ect ect ect. So i did. i get another email this morning saying im still in violation for other items in the store. i look around and find 3 items out of 1000+. they are for two 25 cent figures (generic army guys i listed as generic gi joe or something like that) and a 5 cent knockoff gun (corps knockoff i think).
seriously wtf. i changed the items title and resent them an email telling them i think i got them all.

my god ive been doing buisness for 4 years with them and this is what they nit pick about? geeze.

sorry, i needed to vent. this ever happen to anyone else?

yeti76
06-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey man, it looks like I'm to blame, sort of. I'm the one who purchased those "Knock Off" Joes from you awhile back. Sorry about that. I can't believe paypal is cracking down like that. I hope you get it all squared away.

bluebikerboy1
06-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey man, it looks like I'm to blame, sort of. I'm the one who purchased those "Knock Off" Joes from you awhile back. Sorry about that. I can't believe paypal is cracking down like that. I hope you get it all squared away.

it isnt your fault. its paypal for not researching before they act. you can do a search on ebay for the above items and find numerous people selling them with no problems. same with chap mei and corps. why? cause there not illegal. i got am email back around noon saying my appeal was denied and i have to take all items in voilation off. the link she sent was one to my store. not any items in particular. I called them back preaty irate and the lady said she is forwarding the info to the other girl causing my headaches (jane is her name). im sure i can get this worked out. it just makes no sense.

bluebikerboy1
06-28-2009, 03:01 PM
ok its all good now it seems. apparently in teh model number of one 10 cent figure it said knockoff in it and that 10 cent figure is what jane was going on about. she actualy called me and we fixed it (i just took it out of the inventory). i changed the titles on the other items and it seems ok.
bunch of headaches over a 10 cent figure.

Tenric
06-28-2009, 11:44 PM
That will teach you, you filthy criminal.

Just kidding, of course.

meyerc13
06-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I wonder if this is a case of Hasbro trying to protect their trademark from becoming genericized. I see a lot of people referring to any 3.75" military action figure as GI Joes on auction sites. It's getting to be right up there with Kleenex, Xerox, and Band Aids. Like the companies behind those brands, if Hasbro doesn't defend the trademark, they could lose it. Whether or not Hasbro contacted Paypal, Paypal is probably doing their due dilligence so they don't become a contributory infringer.

hwheels2
07-03-2009, 03:05 AM
most likely because you were using gijoe and generic or knockoff in the same line.

Urban Saboteur
07-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Woooweee..
so they instigated a suspension of your account privelges over a 10c figure? :(
They've actively checked your inventory for items that are listed by you as knock-off. You'd actually think paypal would put more effort in to track actual fraudsters.. ones that make geniune customers lose out $$$ in deals worldwide and help track scammers rather than bust your ***** for a 10c figure.

Incidently is the figure a knock off.. like one of those that aren't chap mei, lanard, gijoe or otherwise.. you know with no-name force?

I'm sure that if listed in a correct way there wouldn't be a problem. How about generisizing each figure. I know you had names like Lanard Hard Hat Guy etc.
I used to name mine by what they looked like in speciality. for example
Military Helicopter Pilot #1
Military Tank Commander #1

Rich

Snake-eyes01
07-04-2009, 07:24 AM
I have a knock-off He Man figure on Ebay now, do you think this is gonna come back to bite me on the butt later??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290327671189