Target Exclusives [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Target Exclusives

Drunknmunky
07-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Went to Target today looking for the elusive Helix wave. Of course all I've found between 3 Targets and 2 TRU was a lone Pit Commando. But one Target did have the new small vehicle exclusives. I picked up SE with the motor cycle and Eel with the Wave Crusher. Also had Grand Slam with glider and Air Viper Commando withh Claw. Figures are 8 bucks each so 10 for these is a steal. The SE has blue camo pants to match the other RoC Joes. The Arishikage cycle is pretty goofy but not bad. The Eel with Wave Crusher is awesome. An exclusive IG Undertow would match it perfectly. Grand Slam looked goofy with a dark green with light blue uniform. So did the Air Viper Commando who is just an AVAC repaint. Passed on those two but I'll likely grab them later. Still haven't found the Crimson Hydra or Dragonhawk but these are still pretty cool.

FireFox91
07-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Oh you suck. :) I kid. I have been looking for those Target exclusives and can't find them. I did find half of the Helix wave but of course, no ParaViper which was the only one I really wanted. That was until I saw General Hawk. I picked him up because it is a really nice figure. It goes good with my small General Hawk collection.

John Missal
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
As the toy aisle reset, that wave is coming out of the back rooms. So if your Target doesn't have a spot on the shelf for the deluxe figures, just give them this next week to get it done. It is due to be completed by next friday. Ours hit the shelf today. We also have the Crimson Hydra and Dragonhawk, neither of which seem particularly cool.

John M>

Drunknmunky
07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I forgot to mention that these figures come with weapons and figure stands. Hopefully this is a sign that Hasbro will finally put stands with their vehicle drivers.

snakeeyes1974
07-31-2009, 07:37 PM
I forgot to mention that these figures come with weapons and figure stands. Hopefully this is a sign that Hasbro will finally put stands with their vehicle drivers.
Not according to the Q&A series 3. It was asked and Hasbro answer was that they figured the figs would be in the vehicles not standing.

FireFox91
07-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Thats too bad. If there is one thing that the ROC toys have over the 25th toys, it is the figure stands. The ROC stands are rock solid. And they just look cool as heck. You can even wear them as dogtags if you want to dork out. The raised logos of the 25th stands make it very hard to stand figures on them.

PFunk
07-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Why does the blue color of the Target-exclusive RHINO just not appeal to me as much as the classic colors?

pfunk

zark1976
08-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Why does the blue color of the Target-exclusive RHINO just not appeal to me as much as the classic colors?

pfunk

Why is it that spending that much to get a modern heavy Metal doesn't appeal to me that much?;)

PFunk
08-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Especially since we already have the really cool old one?

pfunk

Drunknmunky
08-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Why is it that spending that much to get a modern heavy Metal doesn't appeal to me that much?;)
Look at the bright side- he doesn't come with the Pit. I think that Hasbro made them a Target exclusive because they knew they were going to be a little expensive and not appeal to the casual consumer. I also think that's why they included Rampage / Heavy Metal. The price is a little steep but most are sold because of Rampage / Heavy Metal. Do you think this thing would sell if it was $60 and came with another figure, such as Tripwire or Snow Job?

Super Sport
08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Has the RHINO been found in-store yet?

snakeeyes1974
08-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Has the RHINO been found in-store yet?

I found eight of them at a local target today, didnt buy any have to wait till next payday, but they were $49.99.

Screwtape
08-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Looks like Houston caught up with the rest of the world, saw the Dragonhawk, the Eel and Wave Crusher, the Crimson Vipers and Grand Slam in a Target today.

Super Sport
08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I found eight of them at a local target today, didnt buy any have to wait till next payday, but they were $49.99.

I had a feeling they would be cheaper in-store.

BTW, the CLAW, Wave Crusher and others are available on the Target site... for $3.00 more than in B&M.

The Enemy
08-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Saw the $9.99 price sticker for the Target exclusives, with a completely empty shelf above it.:(

There is definitely a re-seller in my area, because I make frequent, almost daily stops there, and only ever see the remnants of the stuff they put out....:( :(

I've been lucky to get what I have so far!

sparks007
08-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I found the deluxe figure sets at Target today but no Rhino or Dragonhawk.
I picked up 2 EEls with wave crusher sets passed on the rest.

MikePrime
08-01-2009, 08:34 PM

Damn. I knew those Target.com bastards hid the shipping cost in the $54.99 + free shipping offer. Oh well, I probably paid less in sales tax online than I would have in the store. I got the figure I wanted and I already sold the vehicle to someone.

Although, I wouldn't blame anyone for repacking a different figure with the vehicle and returning it to Target. I wouldn't do that, and I don't like it in general, but it's just plain wrong that a 25th Heavy Metal has to come with such an expensive, and lousy, vehicle. Even if someone likes the RHINO, it has foot pegs that are too big for 25th and RoC figures.

FireFox91
08-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I made it a point to fix the Air Viper with CLAW set.

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69379

stormshadow169
08-02-2009, 11:38 AM
i'm looking forward to all the new exclusives. although hasbro's hints toward the 2010 line is encouraging me to keep my wallet hidden. i do however, miss the 25th line just because of the nestalgic angle, wish they would have released a larger variety(still waiting for my airtight).. i do love the acuracy of the ROC vehicles, the APC is awesome!! Gunship could be a little bigger, but still a great buy.

sparks007
08-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I made it a point to fix the Air Viper with CLAW set.

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69379

I like what you did with that set it looks a thousand times better.I thought about picking it up because the purple base of the figure would make a good start for a techno viper but you made it look awesome with the black.

cardensb
08-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Target.com has three deluxe ROC figures in stock.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Cobra Eel with Wave Crusher $12.99
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - James "Grand Slam" Barney with Air Assault Glider $12.99
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Snake Eyes with Arashikage Cycle $12.99
my total with shipping was 47.46. could not find any current coupons.

Grand Slam is listed as "This item is available online, but is not available in stores." The other two were listed as available in stores too.

meyerc13
08-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Grand Slam is listed as "This item is available online, but is not available in stores." The other two were listed as available in stores too.

They will all be available in stores. This is how things show up on Target's website prior to them being flagged as available in stores. The RHINO showed up the same way, and people were all worried it wouldn't be available in stores. Yet I saw one yesterday on the shelf, for $5 less than the website was selling it for as well.

I believe John Missal said this stuff should be out everywhere by the end of this week.

Drunknmunky
08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Grand Slam is definitely in stores now. He looks goofy and was an easy pass for me. I believe the Conquest and Rattler were online exclusives before hitting store shelves.

FireFox91
08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Grand Slam is definitely in stores now.

Agreed. The glider thing was always kind of weak. But I quickly became disinterested in it when I saw the figure was a blue and green combo of colors and not blue and black.

gaelinic
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Saw the $9.99 price sticker for the Target exclusives, with a completely empty shelf above it.:(

There is definitely a re-seller in my area, because I make frequent, almost daily stops there, and only ever see the remnants of the stuff they put out....:( :(

I've been lucky to get what I have so far!

Did the price have a grey sticker on it? That mearly means that they were setting the space for a toy shelf reset. I'd check again today.

I went Saturday looking for the new Marvel Secret Wars comic packs and found the same thing as you. An employee told me that they did this as they set their shelves for Christmas. This is the new toy reset as they gear up for the holidays. They create the space before they actually get the product. He told me the real set date was Sunday or Monday.

I went today and found the new comic packs where there was only empty shelves.

Good luck.

Compulsive Collector
08-03-2009, 12:54 PM
The date for Target's "fall" reset was yesterday (the "holiday" reset comes later). Some stores will lag behind that date, but that's when they're "supposed" to have it completed. That doesn't necessarily mean every store will have all the new merchandise on the planogram right away. The gray dot stickers on the shelf/peg tag mean that an out-of-stock item has been requested, and they're just waiting to receive it from the Distribution Center that supplies that store. These are used throughout the year, not just during the resets.

picollogoku
08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
John Missal,

Can you tell us when to look out for that sweet black SNAKE armor:D

FireFox91
08-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Can you tell us when to look out for that sweet black SNAKE armor:D

Just look for the shady ebay seller from Virginia with hundreds of them in stock. :)

olyeller01
08-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Went to Target today and they had wave 1 of the deluxe figures for $9.99. I didn't see the Arashikage cycle, but they had the other three. I picked up the Eel & Wave Crusher. The Eel looks pretty awesome in black! And the Wave Crusher is a perfect fit for these guys. I didn't get the other two (right now) but I probably will soon.

I noticed that the Air-Viper Commando (purple repainted 25th AVAC) with the black CLAW came with a crapload of missiles, including four each of the small missiles that came with the 25th CLAW. Repaint em black and you could finally have some fully-armed CLAWs. Particularly if you were lucky enough to get the "Best of 80's" CLAW that came with nothing.

I was kinda annoyed by that, and by the fact that my Eel came with all his gear...helmet, pack, gun, knives, flippers...AND a figure stand. All this for $9.99, but Hasbro couldn't give us two lousy extra missiles with the 25th CLAW, or weapons & stands for the Alpha, Bravo, & Echo vehicles?

The Enemy
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I just found the Wave 1 specials at Target, also. I bought the Eel/Wave Crusher because it looked like the coolest one. I didn't see the Black SNAKE, but I think all of the others were there.

$9.99 is a great deal on these, compared to the $7.88 figures.

Compulsive Collector
08-04-2009, 12:18 PM
The black S.N.A.K.E. armor hasn't been released yet. It will be part of the second wave of Target exclusives.

The Enemy
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
The black S.N.A.K.E. armor hasn't been released yet. It will be part of the second wave of Target exclusives.

AHHHH!!! Well, that explains that.:D

Does everyone agree that the Eel/Wave Crusher is the best one so far?

picollogoku
08-04-2009, 01:26 PM

I know that it is part of the second wave. That is why asked about the SNAKE armor set release date, more specifically the date that TARGET plans for them to be on the shelves. As John works for TARGET, he is in a position that is very helpful to the average collector who is trying to stay ahead of the dreaded scalpers.

The Enemy
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I know that it is part of the second wave. That is why asked about the SNAKE armor set release date, more specifically the date that TARGET plans for them to be on the shelves. As John works for TARGET, he is in a position that is very helpful to the average collector who is trying to stay ahead of the dreaded scalpers.

I think he was talking to me.;)

MikePrime
08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Okay, I saw the first wave of exclusives at Target. They range from okay to awful.

The Eel w/ Wave Crusher is okay, with the Eel all in black and a nicely colored vehicle.

Grand Slam and that glider thingy are mediocre.

Snake Eys is okay, but it's not something I'm interested in.

The AVAC repaint with the Cobra C.L.A.W. is awful. The AVAC looks like a regular AVAC figure that was left out in the sun. What was Hasbro thinking when choosing the color scheme for that figure? It doesn't even have a Cobra symbol on the chest.

Aside from the C.L.A.W., which is pretty cheap compared to the vintage C.L.A.W., I don't care for any of the vehicles that are used with these figures.

Average Joe
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
GrandSlam is horrible. That's the only one I passed on. I kinda like the AVAC. The Eel is the best figure of the bunch. But his vehicle is nice too. It's a submariner diver thing, that shoots the missile. But then it also converts into a Cobra Jetski which is kinda neat. And did anyone notice the vehicle colors match the original Eel quite nicely?

Snake Eyes is nothing special, but the black torso on RoC camo pants make this an easy figure to convert into another figure in RoC Camo. Flint maybe?

Compulsive Collector
08-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Does everyone agree that the Eel/Wave Crusher is the best one so far? I actually liked the Snake-Eyes w/ motorcycle best, and it was the only one I bought. It's a little goofy, sure, but it's a really fun toy. I held the Eel in my hands for a few moments before putting it back on the shelf, though, because it is pretty cool.

I know that it is part of the second wave. That's wonderful. I was addressing the author of the post that came directly before mine. He didn't seem to know, and I thought it would be nice to share the information before he wasted time and gas looking for it.

MOD
08-04-2009, 06:41 PM

And when it does, it will be mine. This and Night Adder are what I am looking forward to the most right now.

zark1976
08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I bought the EEl w/wave crusher for one reason. I am going to take his helmet, repaint it orange and put it on the 7 pack Wet-Suit. the rest of that pack will probably get offered up somewhere.

I bought the Grand Slam mainly because I wanted a stand for the earlier Grand Slam. I'll probably rename old Baby blue there as something derogatory.