Stinger, Arctic HISS, etc. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Stinger, Arctic HISS, etc.

Falcone
08-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I know this wave of vehicles was originally delayed, but I have not followed new stuff very closely. When was this wave released? And was it only released by online retailers or was it in stores as well?

stad
08-23-2009, 10:45 PM
So far, and probably only, in online stores. They came out back in early July, I believe.

snakeeyes1974
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
I got my set back at the beginning of June and preordered it back in Feburary. I think they are only online and not an overabundance of stock.

Super Sport
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Small Joes got their allotment during the first week of June (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=421770#post421770). Everyone else, mid-July and mid-August, and because of pre-orders, the most desirable pieces were already sold out before they were in stock.

I personally need more HISS and Stingers, but at this point, I'm happy I got any at all.

Falcone
08-23-2009, 11:01 PM
That really stinks, I wanted a few of those Stingers, so I could dump all my vintage ones. And one or two of the arctic HISS'. At least the Ghost Hawk is in stock at smalljoes.

snakeeyes1974
08-23-2009, 11:23 PM
That really stinks, I wanted a few of those Stingers, so I could dump all my vintage ones. And one or two of the arctic HISS'. At least the Ghost Hawk is in stock at smalljoes.

I have seen them on ebay ranging in prices starting around $25 to $30 if you want to go there, it would be the best place to go I guess.

Dakemesh
08-24-2009, 06:00 AM
I would be really surprised if we didn't see them again at some point honestly - well, the Stinger at least.

therobidentity
08-24-2009, 08:15 PM
I found these at SDCC for $25 each. The guy wouldn't give me a deal on the set, because he said there was too much demand. Last week, my brother picked them up from the same guy at a local show, and he knocked off ten bucks on the set. ($65 total) :rolleyes:

stad
08-24-2009, 09:39 PM
The Club had them. Preordered two cases at $70 each with shipping included. At JoeCon they blew them out, you could buy them individually for $16 each. I picked up a couple Arctic HISS', and several Stingers. They have the Ghost (Sky)Hawk left in the store now for $10.

meyerc13
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I think we'll see these again. We've already found out that the Water Mocassin (i.e. Sting Raider) is coming out again as a store exclusive, so I'm hoping the Stinger does as well. Although sadly it will probably be in a different paint scheme.

Viper Commander
08-29-2009, 01:09 AM
I think we'll see these again. We've already found out that the Water Mocassin (i.e. Sting Raider) is coming out again as a store exclusive, so I'm hoping the Stinger does as well. Although sadly it will probably be in a different paint scheme.

You're right, Hasbro wouldn't retool the mold just to release it once. I hope the new paint scheme looks just as good or better than the original.

Better hope and pray that it does not become a convention exclusive, then the price would go up. "knock on wood"

Skystriker
08-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I would love an Artic stinger!

my 2 cents. I think the hiss and the stinger would look great in python paint scheme.

meyerc13
08-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh... Arctic Stinger... I like that idea. Someone suggest that to Hasbro, maybe as a Q&A this round?

Or maybe this paint scheme:
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/98/rattler/

Dakemesh
08-30-2009, 07:29 AM
I think the next color will either be Python or Tiger.

Skystriker
08-30-2009, 08:20 AM
another great idea would be to do a duel pack python and tiger witha figure in each scheme.

but I really would like some artic stuff.

meyerc13
08-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I think the next color will either be Python or Tiger.

I don't think so. Those are anniversary paint schemes, and so far it looks like the scheme next year is Jungle/Arctic/Urban/Desert. Frankly I'd like a Stinger in any of those schemes... the Rattler 4WD would work for Urban... Desert might be too similar to the old Vamp Mk II in appearance... Arctic or Jungle would definitely be cool.

However, we haven't seen any sign of this for next year yet, so it could be something that would be a store exclusive, in which case anything is possible including Tiger Force and Python Patrol (but I hope not since I detest both concepts), or it could be something they're saving for Toy Fair... in which case I'm hoping for something as close to the original black as possible, or the Arctic idea suggested above.

Lt. Night Viper
08-31-2009, 11:33 PM
You're right, Hasbro wouldn't retool the mold just to release it once. I hope the new paint scheme looks just as good or better than the original.

Better hope and pray that it does not become a convention exclusive, then the price would go up. "knock on wood"

Sorry, I don't think you can beat the original :)

chadzx11
09-01-2009, 09:07 AM

more people need to do this, because for the money, I would rather have the vintage ones, personally. I got ripped on mine, had to pay $3 extra because the seller of the lot said the box was damaged. Its not like the flak and hiss were in mint boxes, either, so what the heck was up with that guy, I will never know. To be clear---the stinger was pictured and listed as being included. It was NOT in the box when it got here because the guy said it wasn't mint. Anyway, he never mentioned this before shipping.

olyeller01
09-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Just to let you guys know (and at the risk of sounding like an ad machine...though they have gotten a LOT of my money) Big Bad Toy Store just announced a restock of the Stinger/Arctic HISS/Flak & CLAW/Ghost Hawk cases.

cardensb
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Just to let you guys know (and at the risk of sounding like an ad machine...though they have gotten a LOT of my money) Big Bad Toy Store just announced a restock of the Stinger/Arctic HISS/Flak & CLAW/Ghost Hawk cases.
Yeah my pre-order is processing