How long does an AFA grade last? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : How long does an AFA grade last?

4Logan
08-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Hello,

New guy here...I read up on the AFA website.....
I was wondering by everyone's experience, if you have an item graded, how long does that last for until a re-grade is recommended or required?

I am just asking since I will have some items graded, but over time (if not properly stored) could reduce the grade below collector quality regardless of what the label says.:)

Thanks!
Logan

Volleydan
08-28-2009, 03:40 PM
It's true that figures can deteriorate even when sealed in AFAs cases. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no "expiration date" on an AFA grade. Caveat emptor!

Da_Last_2_Walk
08-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Hello,

New guy here...I read up on the AFA website.....
I was wondering by everyone's experience, if you have an item graded, how long does that last for until a re-grade is recommended or required?

I am just asking since I will have some items graded, but over time (if not properly stored) could reduce the grade below collector quality regardless of what the label says.:)

Thanks!
LoganI'm an actual buyer.

You bring up a great point!

I think the AFA grade lasts as long as the condition of the item remains the same. If one of my AFA items has a bubble that turns yellow or an O-ring that breaks, I would replace that item with a new one. I don't think that a bone white Storm Shadow that grades an AFA 85, is still an AFA 85 if yellowing or broken O-rings occur.

If you get your items AFA graded, storing them properly will greatly reduce their deterioration.