Your 25th line Air Support [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Your 25th line Air Support

Flash Gambello
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Kinda following up on an earlier thread I posted I've been trying to figure out what vehicles, particularly my "air force" would work best with 25th figures. I know a couple were released with the line, but what others do you guys mix in? I'm looking for a 82-86 type feel with my army and am looking for things I can find pretty minty and not totally break the bank on. Anything from Spy Troops or VvV work? Any other suggestions?

I really want some GI Joe helicopters I can use against my FANGs

snakeeyes1974
09-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I really want some GI Joe helicopters I can use against my FANGs

The new ROC Dragonhawk should work really good considering it is green and looks realistic. I was dissappointed with the size at first but it would be a great combatant for the fang.

stad
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I have to disagree with the Dragonhawk, it's just too deformed to be used. I would personally adapt a Dragonfly over that. However, some PTE Little Birds are awesome, not to mention they are actually used for insert/extract of actual SpecOps forces. I'm working on a bbi Blackhawk to turn it into a DAP gunship. Again, something we actually used in SpecOps support.

Viper Commander
09-13-2009, 04:13 AM
Good suggestion on the little bird, I picked one up recently from big lots for $13. I was digging the Dragonhawk before but now it's kinda lame compared to the little bird at almost half the price.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7197393@N08/3902711017

chadzx11
09-13-2009, 07:23 AM
I have that little bird in cobra blue and cg red, but they came with no weapons. :(

Trust me, the BBi stuff is far more superior.

John Missal
09-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Why is it that those vipers look like they should be fighting the A-Team in that thing?

meyerc13
09-13-2009, 08:28 AM
I'll add another vote for the Little Birds. Nice little chopper. Some of the 25th figures sit a little high on the seat, but overall they don't look bad and if you don't like a little gap you could probably fashion a seat cushion for the little bird easily enough.

I have two Little Birds, a gunship version and a non-gunship. I'll probably pick up at least one more at Big Lots this year before they're gone.

JMM82
09-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Ditto on the bbi helicopters. I have the Kiowa and the Little Bird, and these blow the Hasbro helicopters away. They look more like a model or collector's item (which, I guess, they are!) and the Joe stuff look like toys (which they are!). I prefer the more realistic looking vehicles and birds.

The problem is is that the bbi products aren't available anymore at TRU, but they can be found on the internet. The bbi vehicles are just as detailed. 21st Century has some cool stuff as well. Bad Cat Toys and, especially, Foxhole Toys, are 2 websites that sell bbi and 21st Century goods.

stad
09-13-2009, 10:12 PM
My biggest problem with the bbi Little Birds is they are not realistic at all. They are nowhere near representative of the AH-6/MH-6 used by the military. They also sit way too high, in comparison to the figures. Yes, the added details are nice, but I can live without the foot pedals and collective sticks to keep the scale and accessories far more accurate. Of course, as someone with extensive first-hand experience with these aircraft, I am kind of picky.

Slawdog
09-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I've always that the Sky Hawks were really awesome. I know its not a helicopter, but its a good match for the Fang. It's like a jet ski for the sky. Since I was a kid I've been impressed with the Sky Hawk.

-Slaw