View Full Version : Fun little story

Satandy
09-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry if I already posted about getting ripped off a few times around this board, but my little story got some resolution.

I was hoping to trade with some upstanding members of yojoe.com, trade my old PS3 games for someone else's old PS3 games. Although I was slightly put off by him, I emded up setting up a trade with Maniac_Toy. He had +1 feedback and had been a member since 2007. Bad internet grammar anda spellign should have tipped me off, but I was excited to maybe get the new Batman game.

I sent two games to him and got delivery confirmation. Two days later the postman comes with two packages for me. One of them he has to ask if it is mine. My name is mis-spelled, and my address was written as 420 keuka st instead of 311. I figure, this is weird. Hard to imagine someone screwing it up that bad. It had delivery confirmation and I opened it up and saw a slim Xbox360 case ans two CD cases. All empty of course.

I was pretty ****ed, and definitely disappointed. I had pretty much wasted $120 worth of games and got nothing for it. I moped around a bit, then decided to check the delivery confirmation to see where the package was. I called the number on teh sticker and tried to find a real person to talk to but had no luck.

I ended up calling my local Post office, and it turned out they were closed (Saturday). A woman answered though and I ended up going down there and talking to her. It turns out there is a form you can fill out to intercept and get packages returned. It only works if it hasn't been delivered. She was super helpful and figured out what post office I had sent to, and called and faxed them the form.

Today I get a message from a guy from Texas, my games were intercepted and are headed back to me!!! I'll be out two way shipping costs, but I feel sooooo much better knowing that this dude will get absolutely nothing for me. I hope he is checking the delivery confirmation, seeing the game hit TX, then get sent back to NY.

**** you Maniac_Toy, you get nothing!

Super Sport
09-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I wonder if the address "typo" was part of the alleged scam. A red herring, a ruse, a subterfuge, or something like that.

Satandy
09-22-2009, 05:41 AM
I wonder if the address "typo" was part of the alleged scam. A red herring, a ruse, a subterfuge, or something like that.

I thought so too, but really why would he bother to send anything? He got delivery confirmation but never sent me the number to check it. Maybe he thought the address would delay me getting the package, but again why even send anything in the first place?

Not the brightest bulb...

John Missal
09-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the great information regarding the intercept form. That's a useful tool in situations like this. Glad to know you got your items hading back to you as well.

John M.