Peach Card vs Grey Card? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Peach Card vs Grey Card?

ultimatefighter01
10-14-2009, 03:21 PM
I confess, I'm a newbie on the site and a newbie in collecting :). But we all got to start somewhere so please be nice! ;)

So someone else raised this topic a few months ago but no one actually answered the primary question. So I have to ask because this Peach vs Grey card seems to be a big advertising and selling point on most vintage figures. So I have done some homework and understand that the figures with peach cards are older than the figures with grey cards. But older doesn't mean better does it? But apparently it does as the peach card figures sell for more than the equivalent grey card. So my question is that phenomena justified or a preference? Are the peach cards that much more limited or rare? By how much? I've seen Peach cards seemingly sell/advertised for double the grey card equivalent (ungraded and graded for that matter). What's the consensus? Thanks a bunch!!

TYPE*S*TOYS
10-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I confess, I'm a newbie on the site and a newbie in collecting :). But we all got to start somewhere so please be nice! ;)

So someone else raised this topic a few months ago but no one actually answered the primary question. So I have to ask because this Peach vs Grey card seems to be a big advertising and selling point on most vintage figures. So I have done some homework and understand that the figures with peach cards are older than the figures with grey cards. But older doesn't mean better does it? But apparently it does as the peach card figures sell for more than the equivalent grey card. So my question is that phenomena justified or a preference? Are the peach cards that much more limited or rare? By how much? I've seen Peach cards seemingly sell/advertised for double the grey card equivalent (ungraded and graded for that matter). What's the consensus? Thanks a bunch!!

Here is my opinion on the debate:

Grey cards are harder to find then the peach versions because there were a lot less made.

Collectors prefer peach MOC versions primarily because it has the old style logo (not 3D logo) and are considered the "original 1st release versions".

Da_Last_2_Walk
10-14-2009, 04:17 PM

So someone else raised this topic a few months ago but no one actually answered the primary question. So I have to ask because this Peach vs Grey card seems to be a big advertising and selling point on most vintage figures. So I have done some homework and understand that the figures with peach cards are older than the figures with grey cards. But older doesn't mean better does it? But apparently it does as the peach card figures sell for more than the equivalent grey card. So my question is that phenomena justified or a preference? Are the peach cards that much more limited or rare? By how much? I've seen Peach cards seemingly sell/advertised for double the grey card equivalent (ungraded and graded for that matter). What's the consensus? Thanks a bunch!!I take it you are a UFC fan?

I collect many different toy lines, and a general pattern that I notice is that 1st releases sell for more than later releases. A peach Snake-Eyes w/Timber sells for more than a gray Snake-Eyes, an 8-Back He-Man sells for more than a 12-back He-Man, A pre rub Soundwave sells for more than a rubsign Soundwave......

I personally only collect the 1st releases, so I'm willing to pay way more for one.

uterglue
10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
For me, I prefer the 1st release, old GI JOE logo, peach color vs grey. The preference is based on the look and the fact that it was the first example of that figure being available to the public. I think I am in the majority and that is why they cost more (higher demand). If you prefer grey or don't care either way then you can buy them cheaper so go for it if that's the case.

ultimatefighter01
10-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys for being so nice and detailed with your responses. So now I understand that the Peach cards are preferred by most because they are more "vintage" and first runs so thus the higher price.

So my next question ... Is there a general rule of thumb about how much more a Peach card gets vs Grey? 10%? 50%? A full double of 100%? Thanks in advance!

Walk - Yes, I am am UFC fan!

Da_Last_2_Walk
10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys for being so nice and detailed with your responses. So now I understand that the Peach cards are preferred by most because they are more "vintage" and first runs so thus the higher price.

So my next question ... Is there a general rule of thumb about how much more a Peach card gets vs Grey? 10%? 50%? A full double of 100%? Thanks in advance!

Walk - Yes, I am am UFC fan!People are only mean if you are an AFA supporter! :D

The difference in price depends on the figure. The good thing about peach vs. gray is that it is only for series 4, so there aren't that many to worry about.

I love UFC & WEC. Who's your favorites?

ultimatefighter01
10-14-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm a fan of Quick Kick and of course the usual suspects -- Storm Shadow, Flint and Snake Eyes. So based on those guys what do you think is a reasonable mark up for Peach vs Grey?

Walk - I like the prodigy and the spider but basically like most, I like a good fight so I'll watch it all. I like Rich Franklin, Urijah and Cung Le too cause they're Nor Cal guys.