Ghoststriker originals will be for sale [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Ghoststriker originals will be for sale

badgerboy80
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
I built the original patterns for the GhostStriker Jet and have some original castings for sale as well as the drawings I was given by the Designers and Engineers.

All this stuff was thrown out so I went dumpster diving and retrived it.
I have first shots also.

Now, if this isn't the correct thread to advertise my Ebay listings, I will also give you this...

I was a ModelMaker with Hasbro from '83 to '92.
If you want to know how we built stuff ley me know.
I get older every year and forget stuff.
I worked with alot of great guys, many were patternmakers from Brown and Sharpe in Providence.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/93/ghoststriker/

bencafirefly
02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Hello,

Welcome to the forums! I have read some of the insightful stuff you posted on that wrasslin toy forum. I'm interested to see the Ghost Striker, it is a favorite of mine.

Were the vehicles fabricated as 2-ups, like the figures, or were they constructed 1:1? What type of wood was commonly used? Were there designers who worked on both figures and vehicles?

Thanks,
Ben

badgerboy80
02-02-2010, 06:44 PM
GIJoe vehicles were built 1:1 because the tools were made in the orient.
Typically Preschool toys were tooled in Portugal 2:1

Same with GIJoe figures, they were sculpted 2:1 and tooled in Portugal.

Vehicle patterns were made of maple. The goal of the Patternmaker was to be able to build a pattern without primer or bodyputty. The guys from Brown and Sharpe could do it. Us young guys made a good run at it but usually ended up priming them.
They were a work of art in natural maple with a clearcoat of sanding sealer

I will at some point when I have and hour or two, write down for you the entire process we went through to build a figure. It was quite a process to get from start to finish and took at least three different departments.

Tattoo Shane
02-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I have a very lengthy article on the pre-production process written up over at JoeIntel:

http://joeintel.com/general_page_desc.php?left_search=&cat=&countries_id=MzY5MzY5&cat_id=MzY5OTgzNjk=&cat_content_id=MzY5NzEzNjk=&desc=desc

If you have any other insights, please drop me a line and i'd be happy to add them.