Several APC questions [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Several APC questions

Grunt
03-28-2010, 12:56 PM
First, how many variations of the APC mold exist? I know of the Night Scrambler, Action Force version, and the mail away version. Are there any others?

Second, What should I expect to pay for these vehicles. I am particularly interested in the Action Force and mail away versions.

Third, has anyone ever tried customizing an APC by adding a tow hook. The APC is my favorite vehicle, and that is the only flaw I see in the vehicle. That thing would be awesome towing a Whilwind or a HAL. Think a hook could be added?

John Missal
03-28-2010, 02:28 PM
There is the CUDA which is the same as the Mail away, but comes with box art added to the mail order box, and includes Cutter v3. It was a convention exclusive, but really only a boxing variation on an already noted version.

Also, the camo pattern is different on various originals due to paint colors and thickness of the paint applied (wide vs thin camo stripes).

There is also Canadian vs US stickers for the original and mail order ones as well.

John M>

IlliniJoe
04-02-2010, 08:55 PM
assuming complete in good shape here's what i know from what i have.
original apc - $20
night scrambler - $150-$200

just_joes_by_mike
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I agree a tow hook would have been sweet!! What is the bumper thing anyway? A carry handle?

The UK version should put you back $70-150 depending on completeness. A true variation because of the different interior mold and it had a light green stretcher. Also the gun turret is a rocket launcher with an impossible to find antenna.

Shogi
04-03-2010, 06:08 AM
The UK version also has a tow hook :)

Grunt
04-03-2010, 06:10 AM
night scrambler - $150-$200

Really!! I was expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of $75.

IlliniJoe
04-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Just from what i've noticed in the past year. the prices seem to be increasing. When i was really looking for one i never saw them too often complete.

Volleydan
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I paid right at $100 shipped for my Scrambler. It was complete and I got it from EBay...guess I got lucky.

I also paid about $100, including shipping, for my UK version. It came with the box and was complete, though the antenna was broken off. I don't think the seller even realized it was in the little footlocker inside.....:D I got it from EBay UK - shipping is higher but the prices are much lower and it usually ends up being a better deal overall, as long as you're willing to wait 2-3 weeks for your item.

The mail away one is tricky....a MISB one just sold for $70.83 on EBay last week (I know because I bid $70 :mad: ) but I hardly ever see loose ones come up for sale.

FireFox91
04-11-2010, 11:45 AM

Yep, the prices are going way up. I just paid that much for an incomplete one. A couple of years ago they were cheaper for sure. They may be cheaper in a couple of more years. They just fluctuate a lot but right now Night Force vehicles are expensive.