View Full Version : Can't remember names of these figures

JoeToyFan
04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
My parents were really good about keeping most of my childhood toys all these years. Now I've pretty much went through most of my stuff and kept the stuff that I have the most memories with and threw out a bunch of pidley toys.

But my son found a few really small figures that I had and he loves them. This one is a army soldier made of real hard plastic. He has green pants, no shirt and pointing a machine gun. I am very sorry that this is a Really bad description and I don't have a picture. But from what I can remember, these small figures were not jointed, smaller than G.I. Joes, kind of like PVC figures. I remember they came in packs of 3. The one I have the guy kind of looks like Rambo, but it is not Rambo figure.

It is driving me nuts that I can't find pictures of these guys online. I know I got them in the mid 80's maybe between 85'-87'. They were cool and I remember there were a bunch of different soldiers. Any info would be great.

Thanks!

r07a23c
04-25-2010, 08:14 PM
How small are they? If they are really small, they sound like G.U.T.S. figures....
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0787/index.html
http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/guts.php
Loved those guys, BTW, but have only a few remaining from my childhood.:(

toiletmonkey
04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
yeah sounds like G.U.T.S they came in 3 packs.

TM

Alchemist
04-26-2010, 06:58 AM
GUTS came in 2, 5, and 10 packs. I have a full set of them. Plus, the two vehicles. From your description, it sounds like it's one of the Jungle Fighters if it is a GUTS figure. Also, look for markings on the figure. If it is one, it should have a copyright symbol followed by M.I. 1986 and CHINA on the figure.

JoeToyFan
04-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Holy Cow! Thank you very much r07a23c, toiletmonkey & Alchemist for solving this mystery and piecing together some of my faded memory. The pictures posted are much appreciated r07a23c. :D

I know I only had a few of them, but they were fun when I was a kid. I am going to try and track some down for my son. He is not so much into the big 6" figures. He likes the size of Super Hero Squad and the one G.U.T.S. figure I have left etc. I didn't realize how many different figures they made.

See this is what I am talking about, why can't toy companies crank out some more 80's goodness like this for kids today.

Falcone
04-26-2010, 05:40 PM
See this is what I am talking about, why can't toy companies crank out some more 80's goodness like this for kids today.

They still make army men, man those were a ton of fun back in the day.

r07a23c
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey, no problem! I loved those guys when I was kid; They're so simple, but they really got my imagination flowing. Now, as an adult, I have a certain sentimentality about them as well, as I remember my (now deceased) WWII vet grandfather enjoying buying them for me as much as I enjoyed playing with them.