Argh! Anybody trade with Daniel Gray? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Argh! Anybody trade with Daniel Gray?

Jesse
11-13-2001, 10:06 AM
I just made a trade with this guy and sent my figures away. Has anybody had a successful trade/deal with him? Oh well, looks like I may get to find out how I'm really doing in law school...

-Jesse

Jesse
11-13-2001, 10:58 AM
I actually traded with the whole person, not just his "gut".

Seriously, no problems at all?

-Jesse

Timmer
11-14-2001, 12:14 PM
This idjit has just tried it again, using "mean dog" as an alias. Sigh...
Avoid

wolfgang
11-16-2001, 08:28 PM
As in danielwgray@hotmail.com? I'm still waiting on him to send a payment for a file card. Claims to be in England. He's not much of a buyer either.

Joes4Sale.com
11-23-2001, 03:24 PM
Daniel W. Grey won an auction of mine off of Ebay a little while back. He paid me via paypal. It was a good deal, original Stun Box for $7 so I don't know if it being such a good deal he decided to come through or not.

I wish everyone luck in their dealings but I did have a positive experience.

Tom_Gould
12-07-2001, 01:13 PM
Is this the same Daniel Gray from England, because if it is I am dealing with a guy named Dan from the UK, any chance of a connection?

Let Me Know...

-Tom

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Tom_Gould ]

Jesse
12-07-2001, 02:39 PM
Yup, that's probably him. If you post part of his address I would remember it. I actually may have it around here somewhere. He "sent" me a bunch of transformers in trade a month ago. I don't expect to ever receive them.

-Jesse

Tom_Gould
12-07-2001, 04:03 PM
Nope the address you gave me isn't the same-
-Lucky Me
-Thanks Bob

-Tom

ShadowSnake
01-06-2002, 06:53 AM
He has purchased about $200 worth of weapons from me on 2 different occasions. Ive never traded with him, but he has come through with the money.

Just thought i would let you guys know.

Dave

dragun316
01-26-2002, 05:52 PM
Time for me to have my say on Daniel Gray:

2 months is MORE than sufficient time FOR ANYONE to square away and straighten out a trade.

He kept sending me reassuring messages about his honesty, and his pledge to deliver my end of the deal.

No replies in the past couple of weeks, so I guess he decided to quit faking. My education cost me a straight-arm Stalker + shipping :rolleyes: . I wash my hands of dealing with this asshole. :mad:

Patrick A. Riley
01-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Well, I traded with Daniel and got royally screwed! But it's my fault. I should have looked here in Bad Traders/Sellers first. I should have bought insurance too. It was one of my first trades

He said he 10 of the 11 figures I wanted and conveniently his scanner was broken so he couldn't give me a picture. I should have known it was too good to be true.

Has been almost 2 months now. Says he has not received my stuff, but he says he has confirmation that I got mine. Lying limey prick!

His eBay ID is region-x. He has 99.9% positive feedback. But that is eBay. He knows he'd get caught if he tried to f someone there. eBay is protected. This board is not.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]

ShadowSnake
01-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Hey guys....ive been an honest ebayer for almost 3 years...and ive had nothing but great trades and sales on here...even before the new format.....i just completed a deal with him last week for $100. Now, it was a sale, and everyone knows you pay for your items first, then you recieve them...and he has come through both times...so, selling to him, i have to vouch for him....but i have never traded with him so i dont know about that part.

Hopefully he has a change of heart to the people he is holding out on, and does right, and continues to be a decent customer.

Dave

BK
02-12-2002, 09:22 AM
Stay away from this guy. He has about a dozen (no exaggeration) ebay and email addresses. He frequently uses yournicked@hotmail.com and toys4you1@hotmail.com. Inside ebay, you may get lucky or you may not, but apparently when working a trade, he's basically a thief and sends nothing. He contacted me about some figures he had to sell, and I ended up working a trade with him, but I've gotten squat, despite a promise to "mail at the same time". I had reservations about that, but did it anyway, so it's moslty my own stupid fault. He claims to have never recieved my package despite the fact that I have delivery confirmation, and his latest excuse on why I haven't recieved his items is that there's a strike at the airport near his house, and the package is probably still stuck there. Ridiculous. Avoid at all costs!

wolf
02-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Sounds like some one I have received email from not one of the allready given email address either NOT to say its the same person but In my oppion A strike at a local air port is INSANE sounds like a kid on mom and dads computer NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

Patrick A. Riley
02-12-2002, 02:02 PM
I hope that punk gets what he deserves.

Please take legal action against him Jesse. We'll all support you

bleedyoudry
02-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Now I know what to expect on Court TV at three in the morning.

keith
02-13-2002, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dragun316:
Time for me to have my say on Daniel Gray:

2 months is MORE than sufficient time FOR ANYONE to square away and straighten out a trade.

He kept sending me reassuring messages about his honesty, and his pledge to deliver my end of the deal.

No replies in the past couple of weeks, so I guess he decided to quit faking. My education cost me a straight-arm Stalker + shipping :rolleyes: . I wash my hands of dealing with this asshole. :mad:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey dragun316,
I'm learning the same lesson with 31 JOES being sold to Jesse. Sorry for you and me.

BK
02-14-2002, 11:51 PM
A little more info on Daniel Gray...

As far as ebay id's go, I've found Toyman_toys, toyman_toys2, toyman_toys 3, danielwgray, puzzle-bubble, and region-x. All are inactive due to negatives except region-x. So I'd stay away from that one, and any variation of the others that list the seller as being in the United Kingdom.

Patrick A. Riley
02-17-2002, 05:47 PM
I emailed eBay about Daniel Gray and guess what?

Today region-x was suspended!
region-x is Not a Registered User

Brian, Thanks for all the info about his other ID's! smile.gif

WE GOT HIM!!!!

BK
02-17-2002, 11:50 PM
Awesome! I'm sure he'll just end up with some new ID, but hopefully he'll think twice before screwing anyone else.

Patrick A. Riley
02-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Here is the email I received from eBay about Daniel:

Hello,

Thanks for writing to us. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concerns related to user region-x.

We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions may include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the membership.

At this time, our records indicate the user you are reporting is no longer a registered eBay user.

Because privacy concerns are important to everyone we are not at liberty to discuss the details of another user's account. This includes information regarding the reasons for any action we may take against another account and the duration of a suspension. We hope that you understand our position in this situation. We also hope that it assures
you that your personal account history will always remain private.

We appreciate your assistance in keeping eBay a fun and safe place to trade.

I wish you the best with your future transactions.

Regards,

Stefan
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]

Goldbug
02-18-2002, 09:53 PM
That is the same email eBay sends to everyone who requests an investigation & it pans out. I got someone suspended for using a different email address. So non-paying bidders beware! :mad: Besides I think he was a kid too.

This guy needs a visit! Well at least someone call the local police station there!
Brian Kelly that HAS to be mail fraud! Go to your local post office & ask for a mail fraud complaint form. The more complaints the better chance an inspector will take up the case. I know they will look more closely at this guy if a flood of complaints come in.

BK
02-19-2002, 01:43 PM
It is indded mail fraud, and I've already filed a complaint with the US Postal Service, as well as the British Postal Service, both of which this guy is using to rob people. Maybe they can do something, maybe not. But filing complaints is as far as I can go. But once he gets enough, he'll get busted. You can't steal forever without being caught. smile.gif

www.childhoodtoys.co.uk
02-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Had the pleasure of meeting Daniel face to face. He won some Joes from me on Ebay. Came round spent 3 hours looking at my stock and then left after spending £20.00 - I wasn't too pleased!!

Won some more auctions the following week but never paid.

If anyone is interested he is 18 years old, a mere youngster but knows a lot about Joes.

Colin

bleedyoudry
03-05-2002, 09:51 AM
He's back under a Brazil Joes listing on the For Sale forum.

Satan
03-11-2002, 11:24 AM
Well, he bidded on some of my Joe figs on ebay, very recently. It's been about two weeks now, said his paypal account was messed up, so hes sending money order, I'll give him more time, because the address he gave was from the UK. Hopefully he will come thru and buy these figures.

Satan
03-11-2002, 12:21 PM
I don't want to give anyone(Daniel Gray) a hard time, because at the moment he has won an auction of mine, and the worst that can happen to me, is if he doesn't pay, I'll have to relist the item and post negative feedback. But for anyone who has had any problems with this individual or needs any info, this is what I have-

dwg.128@ntlworld.com

Daniel Gray
128 Kenilworth rd.
Basingstoke, Hants,
RG23 8JN
England, UK

I'm not accusing this individual of anything, I'm just passing on any info I have that may help out others who may have been lied too, cheated, scammed, ripped off, or on the bad end of shakey buisness deal. :confused:

Patrick A. Riley
03-11-2002, 12:53 PM
That is that bastard's address.
New email though. I guess he stopped using Hotmail.
I had him (region-x) banned from eBay. What's his new ID?

Patrick A. Riley
03-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Avoid him! His new eBay ID is bad--boy
He won't rip you off on eBay because eBay is protected and he could get in trouble.
He just won't learn. This is at least his 7th or 8th eBay ID in less than a year. Report him to eBay again.
Stop him at all costs. Do NOT buy from him or sell to him. He is a thief and liar. Timmer knows it's true

Patrick A. Riley
03-11-2002, 01:03 PM
His new yojoe Classifieds name is tripy
Trying to sell Brazil Joes in For Sale section

BK
03-12-2002, 10:29 AM
his new ebay id is dated october 24, so apparently he's just changed the name from whatever it used to be. he created several ebay id's all at the same time (if you check some of the dates on his old ones) so he apparently planned on scamming people all along. he might have all positives now, but that's what he does. he gets a bunch of positives, and then starts screwing people. that's how i was suckered in, because his region-x ebay account had no negatives and his name wasn't on yojoe yet when i made a deal with him. but his name and adress is now registered with the US and british postal authorities fraud alert centers, so if anyone else gets screwed, just contact those two agencies. once he has several copmplaints against him from different people, they can act against him. this is what they told me a month ago. so if you're reading daniel...good luck!

wolf
03-12-2002, 10:40 AM
My 2 cents worth
http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/welcome.htm
LINK #1=US POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE
LINK #2=missing Money order Page
http://www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/welcome.htm
THATS Right Daniel Gray from England WE ARE WATCHING YOU AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SO IF YOUR GONNA STEAL MAY AS WELL JUST GO SHOPLIFT YOU MIGHT NOT GET CAUGHT DOING THAT...........

dragun316
03-13-2002, 04:07 PM
Can't somebody just mail this prick a box of dogcrap or a dead cat otr something?! I'm trying to forget about the straight-arm Stalker I lost to him, but to keep hearing about him isn't helping any!

Daniel Gray, I hope you f*cking die! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/vtffani.gif

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: dragun316 ]

wolf
03-13-2002, 05:19 PM
If the Wolf MAN had the address the BOX WOULD HAVE ALLREADY BEEN SHIPPED OUT

robot_sonic
03-15-2002, 04:40 AM
For anyone who has been ripped off by Daniel Gray, you might try emailing a complaint from the following page: http://www.hampshire.police.uk/. This the police force page for the county in which Daniel Gray lives. He ripped me off for a very sizeable lot of Joes. It may not amount to anything, but if the police get enough complaints, they might consider paying him a visit.

Paul Kinnear
03-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Hope this twat doesn't give all you guys a bad impression of us Brits.

mailer_etchilon
03-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone! I hate to biased against anyone, but I have never had anything but bad luck with E-Bay sellers outside of the U.S. (One bad experience with a Canadian too). To really cover you ass, just buy/sell/trade within the U.S.! :(

BK
03-15-2002, 07:38 PM
Definitely go to the website posted by sonic. I wrote them, and have already gotten a response!

BK
03-15-2002, 07:38 PM
If you've been ripped off by Daniel Gray that is...

dragun316
03-17-2002, 12:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wolf:
If the Wolf MAN had the address the BOX WOULD HAVE ALLREADY BEEN SHIPPED OUT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here you go, Brian. Satan had it right, it's the same address the punk gave me:

Daniel Gray
128 Kenilworth rd.
Basingstoke, Hants,
RG23 8JN
England, UK

Might I suggest a whole slew of deadcat/dogcrap "care packages" for our "friend", Mr. Grey?

It's a lot kinder than what he actually deserves! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rough/schuss.gif

Satan
03-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Well, he paid for his ebay stuff, and must have recieved it, as he left me positive feedback, and I did the same. I hadn't heard about this individual until he won my auction, then I saw his name on here, by then I was already dealing with him. But now I know and I will be cautious not to buy or trade with this individual thx to the warnings on these boards.

ringslinger74
03-20-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey there...I have never had any dealings with this Daniel Grey person...However, I find this part of the board morbidly fascinating. I can't stop reading it...It's like a train wreck, I want to turn away, but can't. At least I know not to deal with this guy...thanx for the insight and an intertaining trip to the board!

COBRAAAAAAAAAA!

wolf
03-20-2002, 06:13 PM
http://members.aol.com/whitewolf/wolfr.gif
Well well well lookie here :D
Daniel Gray
128 Kenilworth rd.
Basingstoke, Hants,
RG23 8JN
England, UK

:D I dont know if this is gonna make it trough customs or not BUT WOLF MADE A FUNNIE I recently talked to a friend in the (zoo) buisness theres a package ready for you dude let us know if you get the elephant crap :D
lol lol lol what a lamer :D
http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smokin.gif

[ March 20, 2002: Message edited by: wolf ]

Patrick A. Riley
03-25-2002, 06:12 PM
I'm looking at you KANE and I'm not impressed. smile.gif

Daniel Gray still sucks! Has he been arrested yet?

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]