I have a nice fraud list to share with you all [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : I have a nice fraud list to share with you all

Goldbug
11-19-2001, 08:45 PM
I was ripped off a while back trying to buy some Transformers so I decided to make a list of all these internet frauds preying on us collectors when I found out the same guy who ripped me off was ripping off Joe collectors too.
I also have a link to one other fraud list.
http://www.geocities.com/goldbug15.geo/fraud.html

PS BTW what happend to: http://www.hotyellow98.com/badtraders/ ??? It was on the old yojoe.com & it was very informative.

DethStryke
11-19-2001, 09:36 PM
I was looking at your list of fraudulent dealers and was wondering if this person was the same person that you are referring to on your list. The are using the same ypsitoys name, but are now going thru a web address and selling on ebay. The link below is an item they are trying to sell on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1665997123

DethStryke
11-19-2001, 09:51 PM
I have a person I would like added to your list of fraudulent sellers. I attempted to order some Joes from this site http://www.gijoecollection.homestead.com/ I thought that it was legit due to the site looking halfway decent and thought that mayb e if someone was going to rip me off that they wouldnt go thru so much work to make a site. I emailed him telling him what i wanted to order and was told to send a money order. I mailed a money order the next day. I have emailed him repeatedly regarding my order and have not recieved any benefitial information that leads to my order. I emailed him and told him that if he had not sent out my order that i would like a refund. That email was sent about a week ago and still no reply, which leads me to believe that he is a crook. I would not make an accusation about someone being a crook if it had not been a month since i was told that the money order was received. If i am mistaken and he has a decent excuse as to why i am $20.00 in the hole or missing some joes i will apologize and retract any information i have posted.

Thank you for your time.

DethStryke

rottenyolk
11-20-2001, 09:05 AM
hey I was ripped off from a guy in Michagan too....maybe him and yipsitoys are the same.
I bought some tech specs from him and one was missing the enitire readout..said they were "Excellent condition" But he has been kicked off ebay a while ago. his info is
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
Tim Hill II
Southgate, Michagan 48195

A real **** to deal with his las ebay ID was survivor23 .

Just to say this bad trader board is much better. Emails can change, but the address and names stay the same for the most part.

Jesse
11-20-2001, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the list. You're doing a great service to everyone.

-Jesse
http://www.gijoeforsale.com

dragun316
11-20-2001, 04:14 PM
Hey, Dethstryke, I have a couple of things I've been waiting on from this ypsitoys guy/group myself.

I'm getting real tired of picking bad people to deal with.

May be I should go back to SW collecting. I never got jipped there! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Goldbug
11-20-2001, 07:02 PM
Yep that is him. The sad part is he was a good dealer before. I even got some good deals with him. For some reason he became very rude & combative against collectors. It is the same group/guy who ran the Transformers convention Botcon 1996 in Chicago.
You can see his many negative feedbacks on ebay. It seems if you are not very patient or satisfied he will become combative & ignore customers completely. :(
It would be best just not to deal with them.

DethStryke
11-20-2001, 09:36 PM
I emailed this person in regards to the posts to ask him if he was the same person that was referenced to in these posts and he said yes that it was. But if i was going to let some people in a forum persuade my decision to do business with him then i guess i believe what is said in the paper or tabloids. But he also said that if this were so then why would he have 600 positive feed backs on ebay...... but here is his site if anyone wants to look at it http://www.ypsitoys.com/

dragun316
11-29-2001, 02:06 AM
Well, I just got my stuff from these guys.

The Dogfighter was as nice as the pic in the auction at least, but the StratoViper looks like ass, and the tail was broke off of my Calibos figure!! :mad: :mad:

Looks like things are hit-and-miss with these guys :rolleyes:

Never again :mad:

ImaWalkingCorpse
07-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Has this list been updated in a while Goldbug??

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-06-2004, 01:54 AM
My personal problem with all these blacklists, warnlists, etc. is that they only cover one side of the story.

Some buyers have extensive experience with loads of bad sellers. They seem to run into them all the time. Hmmmmm, maybe it is the buyer being the problem-factor?

[ July 06, 2004: Message edited by: RotterdamTerrorCorps ]

k
07-06-2004, 07:56 PM
rotterdam. this is just a note to say that i like you a TON. you are very nonjudgemental which is hard to find nowadays

ImaWalkingCorpse
07-06-2004, 08:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RotterdamTerrorCorps:
My personal problem with all these blacklists, warnlists, etc. is that they only cover one side of the story.

Some buyers have extensive experience with loads of bad sellers. They seem to run into them all the time. Hmmmmm, maybe it is the buyer being the problem-factor?

[ July 06, 2004: Message edited by: RotterdamTerrorCorps ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.. On this one in particular I think these folks are verified bad sellers/thiefs. Sure some buyers have a very tough time grasping reality, but I think these stories were checked over before being posted. I could be wrong though.

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-12-2004, 03:24 AM
rotterdam. this is just a note to say that i like you a TON. you are very nonjudgemental which is hard to find nowadays

I am non-judgemental and refrain from taking any side, simply because I have no personal experience with you. Therefore I do not have the right to say you are right or wrong. All I am trying to stretch overhere is that there are always two sides to every story.

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-12-2004, 03:30 AM
No.. On this one in particular I think these folks are verified bad sellers/thiefs. Sure some buyers have a very tough time grasping reality, but I think these stories were checked over before being posted. I could be wrong though.

I believe your words. You are the more experience poster/user over here. :D