Ebay Ripoff: Brian Kossin aka "type*s*toys" (website: http://bkossman.com/) [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Ebay Ripoff: Brian Kossin aka "type*s*toys" (website: http://bkossman.com/)

Lohengrin
03-11-2003, 02:33 AM
I'd just like to warn people (espcially international buyers) that you should avoid any dealings with Brian Kossin (aka "type*s*toys" on Ebay).

I won several Funskool figures from him on December 31st last year and paid for them promptly via Paypal. Despite my best efforts i received nothing and around the beginning of Febuary had 5 "non-paying bidder" e-mails sent to me!

After e-mailing him with a reciept of my Paypal statement he sent the following reply back to me:

----- Original Message -----

Despite several phone messages and e-mails to him i still have nothing to show for my money and because of my faith in humanity i let things go too far without contacting Ebay so i cannot file any fruad claim (something i've never had to even think of doing before).

He has a very impressive feedback (some 4000+) but in the last month or so he has gotten a ton of negative feedbacks from people which leads me to believe something is not quite right. The amount was only $35 but i'm doing this out of princible.

I have never done this before but feel really low after my experiance with this individual. All my Ebay transactions have gone well apart from two, this being one of them. My feedback is'nt as impressive as his (some 100+) but i have only 1 negative compared to his 75. He's also very conveinantly changed his Ebay name from "acuratype-s" to "type*s*toys".

His details are:

B Kossin
West Chester, Ohio 45069

E-mails: 2 listed

He also has a website: http://bkossman.com/

Just be very careful if you do decide to deal with him because it's an experiance i won't forget in a hurry.

[ March 11, 2003: Message edited by: Zahadoom ]

rottenyolk
03-11-2003, 09:14 AM
file for for ebay insurance right away it's over 25 bucks but at least you'll get 15 bucks back.

file through paypal for a refund and also your credit card company.

DO IT KNOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE there is a 45 DAY DEADLINE.

Lohengrin
03-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Since these auctions were won over two months ago i think it's a little too late for any recourse through Ebay. I will how-ever do what you suggested regarding Paypal and my CC. Like i said before though, i did this mainly to warn people but thanks for the advise smile.gif

keg_daddy
03-12-2003, 03:42 PM
sorry to hear about your experience with 'brian'...i'm thinking that he did the same thing that someone did to me...i won an auction on dec. 19 for $10 (a yoda), and the guy never sent it and wouldn't reply to any of my emails. his name was leesstore and he also had some 4000 positives and some 70 negatives..well i noticed now that he is a 'non registered user'..his last feedback he posted was on 12-24 and the last one left for him was on 12-27...when i bought my yoda this guy had ALOT of stuff for sale..and i'm taking a wild guess in concluding what 'Brian' and this 'leestore' guy did...they put on a bunch of auctions and after people paid for them, they said 'screw you' and never sent anybody thier items and decided to start a different user id since and decided that losing their ebay user id was worth it. this is my first post here and i decided to post since i'm sick of getting screwed over for trusting people...this is the first of my two losses and possibly more later this week...my other loss was on a gi joe moc shipwreck for $137.50 for 'kacus' who also became a 'non registered user' after i won the aucion. he is from greece. his name is 'kiriakos tzeiranis'. that really disapoints me to hear about your getting taken by that guy.

Lohengrin
03-12-2003, 05:47 PM
What irratates me is the fact that Ebay seems to turn a blind eye to these type's of issues if it's one of their more "valued" members (i.e. someone who has thousands of positive feedback).

I've seen them come down hard on members with feedback in their 40's ect, yet they let this guy and probably many others like him slide. I think they should automatically ban someone if they get that many negatives, no matter how many positives they have to their name.

Oh, and i'm sorry to hear about your ordeal, imo it does'nt matter what the amount is, it's the fact that these people do it and probably get away with it time and time again that gets to me.

[ March 12, 2003: Message edited by: Zahadoom ]

yeti76
03-12-2003, 11:35 PM
i know how it feels, i just got burned by ofpasttimes who has over 30,000 feedbacks. with almost 150 in neg feedbacks. and ebay won't do much with it because he is a power seller and this guy is no help. so i figured i'd do what i could and warn the rest of ya. it used to be, feedback meant something, but now, who knows. oh well, just wanted to put my two cents in. happy hunting and be careful.

Aaron

mrandjr
03-13-2003, 07:02 AM
We are sellers on eBay but we are also buyers. We have been taken a couple of times as well. There are always going to be crooks.

However, before we bid a large amount on an item we will sometimes ask the seller a question. Their response will a lot of times determine whether or not we bid. You can usually tell from the tone of the emails what kind of seller you are dealing with.

Just my 2 cents.

Flash Gambello
04-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Did you mean OFTIMESPAST? It's been a while but I've dealt with them at least 10 times off the web via Figures Inc. and had no problems.

Surdam
04-07-2003, 10:57 PM
to my knowledge, paypal requires you to file within 30 days and ebay 45 days, so either way the 35 would be gone, maybe he'll decide to come through now. great heads up though, even tho the mods might delete his info and email address.

surdam

mrandjr
04-08-2003, 06:30 AM
We have done a lot a business with OfTimesPast they are sometimes slow but always have come through.

Beware BKossin
05-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Brian Kossin is currently using "extensive****enterprises" as his e-bay ID.

His response to my negative feedback was "I know where you live."

Avoid doing business with him.

Rasputin
05-10-2009, 01:43 AM
I'd just like to say, and this has become policy for me now, even though it has never gone further, but if i have an issue with an auction, I email the seller and politely explain the problem as well as explain that i had to file a dispute with paypal, because they have a limit on when you can, as well as that if we cannot come to an agreement i will have to escalate to a claim before a given date. I go on to say it has nothing to do with trust, or malice, but just that it is my personal policy.

It is firm, yet at the same time polite, and hasn't failed me yet.

TYPE*S*TOYS
05-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Here is the detail of the negative feedback he left me:
10day delay on shipping due to seller fault. No restitution for delay. Horrible. Buyer: jtsins ( 98) May-09-09 19:44
Family Guy Total World Domination 22 DVD Collection NEW (#170320616054) US $133.99

Here is the detail of the transaction. I responded to buyers emails and appologized for the shipping delay yet that was not good enough. All he did was email me and said he was leaving me negative feedback so I basically had no way to make the situation any better. I offered free shipping on this item and he is mad that I sent it via parcel post (very heavy item) and did not send it via priority mail.

Paid on Apr-13-09 via PayPal
Family Guy Total World Domination 22 DVD Collection NEW
170320616054 - Price: US $133.99
Quantity:1

US Postal Service First Class Mail: FREE
Estimated delivery: 3-6 business days*

Delivered Apr-29-09
tracking # 9102128882300688373418

Beware BKossin
05-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Here is the detail of the negative feedback he left me:
10day delay on shipping due to seller fault. No restitution for delay. Horrible. Buyer: jtsins ( 98) May-09-09 19:44
Family Guy Total World Domination 22 DVD Collection NEW (#170320616054) US $133.99

Here is the detail of the transaction. I responded to buyers emails and appologized for the shipping delay yet that was not good enough. All he did was email me and said he was leaving me negative feedback so I basically had no way to make the situation any better. I offered free shipping on this item and he is mad that I sent it via parcel post (very heavy item) and did not send it via priority mail.

Paid on Apr-13-09 via PayPal
Family Guy Total World Domination 22 DVD Collection NEW
170320616054 - Price: US $133.99
Quantity:1

US Postal Service First Class Mail: FREE
Estimated delivery: 3-6 business days*

Delivered Apr-29-09
tracking # 9102128882300688373418
I informed you of the intent to post negative feedback. After no response from you for several days, I posted the negative feedback. Due to e-Bays new feedback policy, anything that is not 5 stars is considered negative. I noted on the feedback that the item was accurately described and received. The issue was your personal delay on shipping and lack of doing anything to make up for that delay. Your auction stated Free Parcel Shipping from the beginning, so don't try to imply that you offered to ship the item free as compensation for your delay.

You also neglect to mention your response to the negative feedback, which was "I know where you live." You obviously are implying some form of retaliation for feedback which you have just now verified as accurate and true.