Rick Dix Jr. Beware of [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Rick Dix Jr. Beware of

Flagg hunter
12-08-2001, 04:25 PM
This is the same guy from Universal City, Tx that has been at the past few Joe conventions. His email is toys4you@prodigy.net. I sent him $50 this summer for Flagg parts and he's always got a different b.s. reason for why they haven't come. Let me know if you can help me get my money back...belg0011@tc.umn.edu

Joes4Sale.com
12-08-2001, 08:10 PM
I found out this summer to this guy is a fraud. Seems he has a toystore but uses different Ebay seller id's and different alliases. I have his phone number and I called him up when he wasn't responding to his bs email address at the time. He was pretty shocked when I asked for his scam name and I put some pressure on him. I wasn't satisfied with his lame excuse so I contacted the TX Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau right after I got off the phone-you can do both online. After the BBB got in touch with him I got my stuff right away with a note asking me to get them off his back.

I also contacted others I knew he ripped off. Myself, I got wise to him right away and so I had no legal means-I filed my complaints 2 weeks after I won his Ebay auction. You might have more options if it's been several months-mail fraud if you used the USPS or even theft is a possibility.

If anyone needs the information I collected on this crook (phone numebr etc), contact me and I'll gladly share it. BTW, his ebay seller id was "Killatoys" when I won his auction. It keeps changing--I think his M.O. is he gets a few positive feedbacks then goes for the big score.

Godzilla
12-20-2001, 11:13 AM
Richard Dix, Jr. is his name. I had dealt with him several times in the past. He was a great dealer with joe stuff. I'd buy $400 worth from him. Gave me extra stuff too. He ships very slow. I stopped buying joes b/c simply he did not have the stuff I needed. He calls me up this past March. Ask me if I was interested since he was leaving this business. I said, ok, I wanted some extras so I can have an army of Cobras and some joes to make some custom figures and he had the one item I needed... a cobra BUGG! Mint and complete. Order was like $400+ order. I sent it thru paypal. I received the items in October. 8 months!!?!?? Pissed me off it took that long and that was when I was calling him on a daily basis. He would call me once if I missed him. BUT I had to make the call. Part of it was my fault since I was out of a job for a month and I was more concerned on getting a job at the time. Then I picked back up and called him constantly. He had excuses... did not have the money to ship, paycheck will be in thurs., I was in a car accident, girlfriend was pregnant, dad cleaned out the garage where he had my stuff ready, need to find some of my items... etc. I called him on a weekly basis because he was an honest dealer I dealt with before. So I gave him a benefit of a doubt. After September, I called him and he would not be there, I called him at night. He would say it woul be shipped and he will call me on that day. I said fine. I called him on the day afer he promised he would send it. He said he did not and comes up with some excuse and said he will ship on so and so day and would call me. Well, we did this routine 2 times. I was tired of bing mister nice guy but I was keeping my patience in check. Well, I was pissed and he was not returning my calls or email. Well, since I was thinking I should let this go and take a loss but over $400 worth of merchandise? I said HELL NO! So I called him on a daily basis. I called on the weekends and told his mother, father, brother, god knows who else. He did not return my calls, but I was getting to the family. Then, I get a phone call from his girlfriend. So she claims and told me what was going on saying that Ric was elsewhere and disposed. She said that it should be in a week that he would get to my items. Well, I lost it there and said "I have waited for more than 6 months. What kind of operation is he running? Now he sends his girfriend to cleanup his mess. What up with that?"
Due note I was in a professional yet stern tone. No use in cussing and screaming. So I laid down the law to her: I don't care where Ric is and I am tired of his excuses. I want my items. I have too nice of a guy and now I want to you relay it to him: I want my items shipped by the end of the month. I want a phone call when whoever sends it and a tracking number. If not, expect a phone call from the US Postal Inspectors office because that is where I will make a claim. Guess what? I got a phone call from her saying she sent the items. She said that Ric apologizes and blah blah blah. No tracking number and I said fine and we will see if this "package" arrives. AND Voila! Package on my doorstep a couple of days later. Now I got some things I did not order and some items are missing but I got my BUGG. After that, I will not deal with him.

The thing is that I hassle them. If I paid that much, I am gonna make $400 worth of trouble for them. Yes it was long distance but on a cell phone plan, it worked out.

I have the phone number if you would like to compare. I think I may have his address but that was an old one though. I have to say that he was seller that just went bad. :(

Godzilla