MISB slugger [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : MISB slugger

navy viper
10-30-2010, 10:56 AM
I won this a few days ago & it arrived in the mail today. I was very happy:D to find one (and win it) but when I opened the shipping box, MISB looked a little different then I thought it would ? there were 3 wheels & the engine cover loose in the bag & the bag looked as if it had been packed around quite a bit ? I really hadn't planned on keeping it MISB , since I'm rarely lucky enuff to afford such items & I really just wanted it to collect dust w/ the rest of my collection:rolleyes: and so I could enjoy it displayed.:) So my question is this: if stuff is all over in a MISB is it still considered MINT ? I have no complaints about the seller & I probably wouldn't have kept it in the bag very long at all if it did look perfect , I was just curious how that is looked upon by collectors who do collect MISB (and keep it that way) oh yeah, the sticker sheet was stuck to the plastic & it was pretty obvious, another reason I felt it needed to be displayed. I will most likely replace the stickers at some time, but for the pure joy of putting together a new toy I just had to put them on. it only lasted about 5 to 10 minutes (the assembly) & I still misplaced 2 sticker (just like a kid) but damm it was fun for a little while !!

just_joes_by_mike
10-30-2010, 11:15 AM
You may be confused by the terminology used with unopened items. If you bought a MISB Slugger, that is the most valuable and commands big dollars because the box has never been opened and hence would not be opened to view the contents. It sounds like you bought a MIB, in which the box was opened but the bags were unopened. If this is the case the price should be lower but higher than a loose specimen. These types of items come off easily from the trees they were molded to and most likely will never look the same as the day they came from the factory. That being said, it is a great way to get a perfect vehicle with the box and figure. You are probably right to replace the stickers, they do get gummy.

StkhlmDK
10-30-2010, 11:37 AM
I have bought a few MISB in the past couple of years and all of them have been opened for assembly and display purposes. However I have experienced that buying MISB isnt always the same as getting a nice new clean vehicle because when I bought a Sea Ray and opened the box the entire rear section was completely scattered to pieces so it was my must expensive spare part ever :mad: When I told it to the seller he just told me that I should have never opened the box and just kept it MISB but is it just me or is that plain stupid? Think about how many insanely expensive MISB that are circulated on Ebay (e.g. Night Force vehicles) and imagine if someone finally decide to open the box and check the content and finds what I did?? And what about all those MISB AFA/UK graded stuff that could be a pile of plastic junk inside? Oh well, I guess this might be fuel for a "flaming"-thread but know its out there :)

navy viper
10-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks Mike, I forgot to mention it was the 'MAIL AWAY" variant & yeah I had it confused with MISB , obviously it didn't come with a box (at least a retail box & it may have never had a mailing box?) I've heard a rumor about someone with a bunch of these "mail away" variants in Ohio a few months ago so I dont have any idea ?(goes with out saying:rolleyes: ) However, I did ask the seller & I'm waiting to hear what they have to say about it ? so with it being the mail away variant (non-camo) should I have left it in the bag ? its just that I've been looking for one of these for a vey long time & I'm on eBay EVERY DAY FOR AT LEAST A HALF HOUR, MINIMUM & I've only seen one of them & that was the one I got screwed out of from Jersey.:mad: I even remember seeing a international slugger w/papaer stickers from down in South America that sold for less the $50 (if I remember correct?)

just_joes_by_mike
10-30-2010, 03:01 PM
When I told it to the seller he just told me that I should have never opened the box and just kept it MISB but is it just me or is that plain stupid?

Yes, I would agree that was stupid to open the box!! It is not the seller fault that the contents inside were damaged, he could not have known. You would have just lowered the value of the item from let's say $100 to less than five bucks now that the item was damaged.

so with it being the mail away variant (non-camo) should I have left it in the bag

Heck no, I would open as well. This one's on my list but not a high priority.