WARNING [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : WARNING

Short-Fuse
03-14-2003, 10:42 AM
I have just been ripped off by someone using Floridaman's name. I have not traded with Floridaman before, but I knew of his good reputation. I assumed it was a good trade. The address he gave me was on Phillips Ave. in Savannah,Georgia. He claimed to have numerous things on my want list so I lost several good pieces and a dozen uncut filecards. I have read in several other posts that he uses many aliases, so beware. With the support of you guys I would like to do everything in our power to put a stop to this kind of junk that ruins our hobby.

CobracommanderV1
03-14-2003, 11:23 AM
it was that b/\st^rd frank herb/mandy bibb/tony privite/super vegeta, welcome t othe bandwagon hes rippe dlike 20 people eventually someones gonna go dow nthere and kic khis @$$ if not me

Pete The Greek
03-14-2003, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The address he gave me was on Phillips Ave. in Savannah,Georgia<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truly pathetic that somebody wants to ruin the name of a great collector. That is not the addy of one Sean Clark that I have dealt with before as he does live in Florida.

I agree with Navajo in another thread that addresses of bad dealers must be posted here. A display name can get changed so many times to hid the identity of a dead beat. But an address is less unlikely to change. Short-Fuse rip off is an perfect example of this. People come and go on message boards and they should have a better way of viewing the bad trader section apart of their due dilegence.

Somethimg needs to be done. A permanant posted/sticky thread with all the display names and address of any legit dead beat should be posted (more than 3-5 complaints). Something like a hall of GI JOE shame.

rottenyolk
03-14-2003, 11:54 AM
I agree with Peter.

It's unfortunate that this could have been avoided if the street name was known for unsuspecting new traders.

As you can see the Name change can cause alot of trouble, or the fact ruining the reputation of a REALLY GOOD TRADER like Sean.

Bubba-J
03-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Man, that is Wack!! Floridaman is a good guy and this Frank Herb bud need to be regulated!!

Navajo
03-14-2003, 01:23 PM
It's just a shame that people don't check the bad trader section. I know for a fact that the phillips, Port wentworth address of this flake is posted on several posts. It's a shame this is happening again with this person.

navajo

ShadowSnake
03-14-2003, 01:24 PM
I think that posting addresses should be allowed. We are worried about what someone can do to us for posting there address? Legally? lol...but they can get away with mail fraud. What a great place we live in, huh?

Short-Fuse
03-14-2003, 02:15 PM
This guy even used the e-mail address FIoridaSean@aol.com, which at first glance the capital I looks like a lower case l like in Floriaman's.I thought it was Sean and never gave it a second look until today. I feel like such an idiot.

Rasputin
03-14-2003, 02:28 PM
guys i have a payback idea anybody have his email address
lets all take the time to send him 50 emails a piece until his box is loaded till the brim

CobracommanderV1
03-14-2003, 02:36 PM
rasputin that wont work, he change email address's constantly

GungHo
03-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Guys, I just caught this fool at a Star Wars board about to screw over a bunch of guys there.....here's the link to the info:

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=007555

I think this guy's real name is Tony Privette. His "FIoridasean" addy is registered to a Tony. This guy has done well to cover his tracks...so that he can't be tracked down......he's using a false host for his e-mail.....so locating him isn't easy.I know this Tony fool is reading this.....so Tony, all I can tell you is you'd better watch your back man......because you've stired up a hornets nest man.......

[ March 14, 2003: Message edited by: GungHo ]

sp00ky
03-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Short-fuse sent you mail man!!

Scott

USS FLAGG
03-21-2003, 06:21 PM
I agree but moderators (shoguns) do not want them posted but a change needs to be done i also think that we should make a sticky in the good with a list of everybodys name where peeps could post and then the mods (shoguns) coudl put like

Floridamanxalot( an exact number)