On eBay be weary of fonzie@telus.net [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : On eBay be weary of fonzie@telus.net

Goofateer
04-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Several weeks ago I won an auction from fonzie@telus.net. He is also known as
Tony's Toy's, and he is based in Canada. The auction arrive in good time, but not quite as described. I probably would have still bought it if it was described correctly, but as it was I was disappointed. He offered a refund, BUT it took 3 separate reminders, a whole lot of BS, and 4 weeks to get the refund. I'm not saying don't deal with him, just do it very carefully.

AMulls
04-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Man, I wish you had posted this a week ago. I won an Eels and a Snow Serpent, both "complete". The pics looked good. Did your pics not show what you got? I guess it's too late now, since I already paid, hopefully I will be pleased.

Deacon
04-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Oh man! I won about $220 worth of Joe stuff from him recently (And paid an extra $95 for shipping :eek: ). It's been two weeks since I 'PayPalled' the payment, so I should get the lot any day now. I REALLY hope I have better luck than you did. It's not every day I throw out $315 (Especially $50 worth of shipping I didn't count on :eek: ) and I'd really hate for my first big Joe lot purchase to be a bust. It would really ruin my outlook on collecting.

...The pics did look OK, maybe a bit dirty, nothing I couldn't clean up.

I'll be sure to post about all the items when they come in. :(

doc holiday
04-19-2002, 10:58 PM
OK GUYS... check this out... i posted a negative on this same seller a month or so ago about him with regard to taxes he was charging. i haven't really had the opportunity to bid on any of his auctions lately since i've been looking for specific items lately. BUT!!!!

i can say that he actually came to yojoe.com and addressed the issue and stated he'd fix it and since i haven't seen any of his auctions since i'll assume he kept his word. now with that said...

i personally will continue to buy from this seller since he's ALWAYS come through for me as far as selling the actual product he lists. and so i'm going to personally vouch for this seller. what the hell, i been buying gijoes off of ebay and other collectors here at yojoe.com for the past 3 years so i think i know what i'm talking about. hmmm...

RELAX PEOPLE AND GIVE THIS SELLER A BREAK. FROM EXPERIENCE I CAN SAY THAT THIS SELLER IS TOTALLY LEGIT. IF SOMETHING HAS CHANGED WITH HIS BUSINESS PRACTICES THEN I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT IT WOULD SURPRISE THE HELL OUT OF ME.

goodluck to you all and please let us know the outcome of these deals since you were willing to bring his name up. back it up with your own honor.

HEIL SERPENTOR!

Deacon
04-19-2002, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by doc holiday:
RELAX PEOPLE AND GIVE THIS SELLER A BREAK.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wheh! smile.gif I'm glad to hear a little positive feedback. I was getting a little worried there. Like I said before, any dirt or wear was quite visible, so if the items arrive as pictured I will be quite pleased. Dirt and dust are easily dealt with (My brother's industrial air compressor is a wonder at taking years of dust off. smile.gif )

My opinion is now definitely reserved until the package arrives, and hopes have been greatly brightened. Info will be posted on arrival. "Good Trader/Seller" post will be posted if so waranted.

...Now. Back to the tent and hibachi I have set up by my mailbox. The mailman's due in about 10 hours! :D

sansarc
04-20-2002, 05:22 AM
i recently purchased 6 figures from this fonzie@telus guy on eBay. he originally said that shipping on these figs would be like $40. i told him that was ridiculous and he responded by saying that he must have confused what items i was getting. the next day he said shipping would be like $6. may have been an honest mistake (i hope so).
i haven't received the figs yet, but i am going to go over them with a fine tooth comb after reading these posts.

cbrcommander@aol.com
04-20-2002, 08:01 AM
if i was yall i would watch out for ebay price pirates who charge ridiculous shipping charges.im sure im like most of yall.ive sent a lot of stuff out.and pretty much know how much it cost to ship stuff out.just be aware of people that wanna charge a lot on shipping. as the ole joe saying goes lol
knowing is half the battle.

sansarc
04-20-2002, 10:16 AM
just to follow up on my previous post, i received the 6 items from Tony's Toys today, and all the figures were in perfect condition, complete and exactly as described. i definitely recommed this seller, and i am going to post such under the "Good Seller" topic for fonzie@telus.net.

craig

mailer_etchilon
04-21-2002, 01:59 AM
Hello everyone,

I just recieved three items I purchased from Tony today. They were in better condition than I expected. I also was wary of him after the whole "BC Tax" issue, but he is a good guy and hi shipping is usally timely. You have to also remember, he is shipping from Canada, and it can be more for shipping. I do know that if you pay the $6-10 range for shipping, it takes two weeks, if you pay more, it takes days. Always ask the seller what method (priority or regular) they intend to use when they ship. It saves a lot of waiting and aggrevation. ;)

AMulls
04-22-2002, 09:17 AM
Got my stuff from Fonzie today. It came almost exactly as he stated. Although I was a bit upset that the airhose,the most important piece to the Eels (and most difficult to find) was broken. There is glue still on the hose where he tried to repair it and it would have been seen in the picture, so I know that wasn't the fig I received. The glue didn't stay so now I have a broken hose with a glob of glue on it. As for everything else though I am pleased. It took about two weeks to arrive (probably just that it came from Canada). But overall, it was a good experience, I just wish he would have mentioned that the air hose was broken.

frenchy
04-22-2002, 10:08 AM
i think this will serve as a lesson to all of us not to "jump our guns" and accuse people. the seller made a mistake but who doesnt. ;)

never2old4joes76
04-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I think some folks just got the jitters. At least I hope that is all it is. I just won a Slugger and Thunder from him. It hasn't arrived yet, but I have experienced that it takes extra time to ship to and from Canada.

His shipping charge was pretty high but he was very reasonable and I convinced him to use a cheaper method. He was originally going to send it by air, but he agreed to send it ground for much less. I have had no problem so far with this guy.

If I don't post anything otherwise, assume that I received my item as described and rest easy about fonzie.

Grail
04-22-2002, 04:26 PM
Tony's toys was the first person I dealt with on this site, and I have to say it was a posative experience. Just my 2 cents.

whatsue
04-24-2002, 12:57 PM
i got a track viper from him a month ago it went good he sent an email about his tax mix up and my figure came as shown in bag so i was very pleased i have had things come from canada faster than from ny so be patient it will get there :rolleyes: :D

fonie2000
04-25-2002, 11:32 PM
To all that know I am strait up with things.It might have taken me a while to refund his money but thats cause I could not access his paypal name,I tried three times and still nothing until he sent me a bill and I paid within minutes.This guys is some kind a case I told him to keep the toys and I will refund him.his name says it all GOOF.My feedback keeps growing streadily so IO know I am doing something right If I knew he would be like this after a refund I would have told him to shuv it !!!!.I try my best to make things right.As for shipping and things taking a while,have you guys ever thought how bussy you would be if you posted about 500 auctions at once?Thanks to all that have bought off me and continue to do so.Too all that complain about a package not ariving or being damaged INSURENCE would be a good idea!!!