Bad e-bayer alert! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Bad e-bayer alert!

debrick
04-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Watch out for [email protected]! He won a $555 auction off me and he never paid. I post him with a negative feedback and his response was I found someone else who bought them for more. WRONG! Now I am selling them on here because he stiffed me. He gave me nothing but lies and when I asked him for proof that he sent the payment, no response. He said the first time it was returned to him marked no such address so I told him to open the envelope, cash the MO subtract the cost of overnight delivery ($12) then send me the balance. AND MAKE SURE YOU SEND ME THE RETURNED ENVELOPE MARKED "RETURN TO SENDER" He said ok and that he would send it with delivery confirmation too. I said great and e-mailed him later that night for the confirmation number, no response ever again. So just beware of this guy he is full of the run around game. crap and lies that is!

doc holiday
04-21-2002, 08:36 AM
555 dollar auction? damn! that's quite big. what were you selling? if its worth it, i might buy it off of you

debrick
04-21-2002, 12:16 PM
It was a total of 63 MINT carded figures all 100% complete. I have started selling them off now so I don't have 63 anymore but if your interested, LMK. All of the figs are 80's figs mostly v.1.

joebuster151
05-22-2002, 07:34 AM
Wow! Debrick...do you have any of these auctions still listed - is anything left? Sounds like a lot of good stuff smile.gif

americamyhome2000
05-24-2002, 05:33 PM
Never understood the allure of carded figures. The rubber bands are going to snap and the glue is going to dry out. It's just a matter of time, people. Wake up.

Phats
05-26-2002, 10:17 PM
I kinda agree on that because half of my Joe figures met their fate that way by years of play usage and battles in the bath tub. Never the less brand new 80's V.1 mint carded figures is a beautiful thing. Its a shame ur selling them, for u I mean.

debrick
06-04-2002, 05:22 AM
I dont know how you took care of your toys when you were young, but I have been a collector all of my life and my joes NEVER seen the outside or the bathtub. They stayed in a beautiful case and they were stored away. None of them show any signs of wear and the rubber bands do not wear if the figs are properly kept in a heat free environment. All of my figs are just like they were 20 years ago and yours could be too if you took care of them. It all depends what you want them for, toys or a collection. Toys seem to always meet their fate because toys are meant to be played with, collectibles last forever if they get collected and not played with.

MUNDO
06-06-2002, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> but I have been a collector all of my life and my joes NEVER seen the outside or the bathtub. They stayed in a beautiful case and they were stored away. None of them show any signs of wear and the rubber bands do not wear if the figs are properly kept in a heat free environment. All of my figs are just like they were 20 years ago and yours could be too if you took care of them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm truly sorry to hear that. A whole heat free box of Joe put to waste. Can't you hear them screaming to be released and allowed to have rocks thrown at them or dive into a ditch somewhere :eek:

debrick
06-09-2002, 07:52 AM
Like I said, I am a collector. I collect things that are worth something. I don't play with toys anymore. If they want to go jump in a ditch, they have been waiting twenty years, they can wait until one of you yo joer's buy them and then they can got thrown in a ditch all they want. A couple of days more won't kill them. Once they find a new home they can do whatever they want. smile.gif

Paul Kinnear
06-09-2002, 10:18 AM
MY collection is worth something! To me it's priceless, but I ain't got a single carded figure and I don't want one!

GBPackRat
06-10-2002, 09:25 AM
I only own 1 carded figure and a few hundred loose figures. I would agree with the concept of setting them free to a point. If you were a kid in the 80's growing up, cracking a carded figure open was what you were suppose to do. God know how many time I had that sucker open before we even got to the parking lot. If you were a kid, you played and played and played with your joes until they broke or the dog ate them. Now if you were a adult collector from the 80's I give you props, I didn't have that option. As a kid I didn't know better, other then to bury my joes in the sand box, smash rocks on the and what not. Point being I guess, it all comes down to who you were and what you bought them for. If you were a kid like me, you played with them. If you were an adult collector, you never let your joes see the light of day. Now if you were a kid collector. . . Your just freakin' weird, cuz I started collecting when I was 14 and it was too late to get stuff in the stores and I thought 14 was a pretty young age to do this.

Oh and I just wanted to throw this out there too. Anyone tie firecrackers to their joes and have them meet an untimely death this way? If so. . . .WHY WHY WHY!
You know you would never see them again, I can understand beating your joes to death, but firecrackers. . . Man thats a whole nother ball part.

Ok, I'm done rambling,
Thanks,

Tanner
:D

whatsue
06-10-2002, 04:10 PM
ok im guilty when i was 17 i used to tie fire crackers arround my joes that were captured also used to light the vamps on fire and line my bad guys up arcross a busy street to see what would happen of course now im a bit smarter and would never do that again :D redface.gif