prove me wrong! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : prove me wrong!

Vortex
05-12-2002, 07:38 PM
I traded tf duke with pack,filecard &
spearhead with filecard,max,pack,gun,helmet, and a 1982 stalker gun to this guy for a weapon lot, and have yet to recieve it, and I have not heard hide nor hair from him.

Rick Gillespie
29 Gilmore Street
Keyser, WV 26726

consider him a cheat and a poor trader.

doc holiday
05-13-2002, 09:37 PM
uh VORTEX, i don't mean to step on your toes any, BUT! i think you might be out of line by putting the guy's address here. i mean damn dude!!! you could at least enlighten us all about the details of the trade gone awry like how long you've waited to receive your stuff. or if the guy responds to email or not. his mail could just be screwed up. i think your jumping the gun a bit here. and if you have a problem with my position on this then by all means offer some details to support your belief that this guy is no good. c'mon dude, tell us more!

Vortex
05-14-2002, 06:11 PM
This deal has been about 2 months in the making.

the last e-mail I got said he would ship by wednesday, on Monday March 18, 7:29pm.

so unless he meant Wednesday May 15, I guess he is a little bit behind schedule.

I actually just got an E-mail from the guy tonight, and it stated this:
"I do not know who you want or what. I just got this address yesterday and I do not know what your talking about"

I doubt if the company gives out duplicate e-mail addresses, and I have been sending this guy e-mails periodically for about 2 months now, and if the e-mail was discontinued, I would have gotten my e-mails back.

And yes, if you screw with me your name and address gets posted. I give a looooong time for deals to be completed, and I have been ridiculed about this on the YoJoe post before, but I realize things come up, and I am in no particular hurry to get items. I do have a limit to patience though, and when you fail to respond, I get angry. I don't know if you realize it, but some cheats use fake names or addresses, but there is always a pattern. If someone else out there has dealt with a Rick Gillespie or sent items to this address to a different name then at least we can see a pattern.

here is the e-mail & post name I was given:
lucinda
E-mail Address(es):
lucinda@hereintown.net

any further info would be appreciated. But not trashing my methods of informing the hundreds of honest fans of how I publish cheaters. that is my perogitive, and if timmer wishes to cancel the post so be it...how else do we get the word out though?

doc holiday
05-14-2002, 10:40 PM
ah i see. well i can agree with you on many of your points. bad deals sure do suck that's for sure. i agree that your serving the the interests of the gijoe community by posting the mailing address of the culprit. only thing is it could lead to a legal issue, but i guess its up to you to take your chances. i know that if you published my mailing address for any reason i'd sue the pants off of you. posting an address here is just as illegal as posting it in your local newspaper. hell, its even illegal to post a child mollester's address in the local paper. only law enforcement is allowed to make public that information. anyways, it was never my intent to bash you. personally, i never keep a person's mailing address on my computer any longer than necessary to complete a transaction and then i get rid of it with special software. some people probably think i'm a pain in the rear because i'll keep asking for their mailing address over and over each time i deal with them even if the trades are only a week apart. i just don't believe in maintaining personal information on people with my PC. i just wanted to know why you were so "to the point" about bashing somebody without giving the details that transpired and helped you reach your conclusion thats all. i wish you luck on the outcome of this deal and yes i will make it a point to avoid this bad trader at all costs.

chris

[ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: doc holiday ]

Pete The Greek
05-15-2002, 06:36 PM
How is posting an address considered illegal? Anybody can look it up in a city directory located at the local library.

jlb8118
05-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Posting that sort of info. is in no way illegal if done by an individual in a public forum such as this. But, on the other hand as sstrooper mentioned if it is done in a newspaper or something of that nature that an owner has control over then the newspaper is liable. For example if you read over ebay policy -in regards to feedback- it states that if you leave personal information about that individual in feedback it will be removed. This is done for legal reasons on ebay's behalf, but as I said the individual is in no way responsible(unless of course the feedback is slanderous, but that is another issue) You know what though I would assume that in a case where any information such as addresses etc. were left on this forum that the owners and operators of this site could be held legally responsible if the issue was raised.
Again for example lets say some guy on here posts another guy's address because he ripped a bunch of other guys off on some trades. Now lets say Wolf or somebody goes (using the posted address) and bashes the guys head in with a baseball bat. This site could be charged with neligence for leaving that information posted if the content along with the address hinted at this occuring.

Vortex
05-16-2002, 06:09 AM
If there is one item out there even worth a head bashing it has to be Hard Tops fabled gun.

In rubuttal...If I choose to post ANY e-mail address on this site, it is with just cause for the greater good and protection of the clients, the majority who are trustworthy. I think once you share your info on this site, make a bona fide deal with another interested party, and are willing to rip said party off, the case will be very hard to win in a sane court of law if you sue said cheated client because your e-mail address was posted by an independant client on this forum.

I have no control if another person wishes to commit a criminal offence against this individual, or send him into financial ruin!
my goal is personal and community protection, and I hope anyone else out there who feels the same way as I do will act quickly and responsively. How else can we stop the madness!!

Try to get a civil suit across the border, anyway! It ain't gonna happen! I don't ever remember reading an e-mail from this guy NOT to share info...it is a minor point, but one I will stand by...if I was told however to NOt share the address, you can bet I would not be sending first. Maybe what we need is a code of ethics, or a constitution of some sort on how Joe trades are to be conducted to save all of this bull, and get down to serious buying/trading?
It seems too many are being gyped, if anyone is interested in starting a mandate on how to properly and safely trade let me know, and we can get a team to type up a couple of drafts and post them to see which ones can be accepted? If we all agree to one, and of course, EVERYONE should have input into it, maybe timmer can post it and it can be the layout for a GROUND RULE FOR TRADING ETHICS that can weed out potential G.I.Joe rapists?
feedback???

(the opinions expressed in the following statement represent me and only me, and do not necessarily reflect YoJoe.com in any way shape or form.)

..and check out my site !!!
tongue.gif

jlb8118
05-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Exactly..
Furthermore if the information of the individual has already been made public ie listed in a phone book, then not even the website or server that the informtion was posted on good even be held responsibile. So yeah you're right you've done nothing wrong.