Action Force Mauler Colours [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Action Force Mauler Colours

Buddusky
12-31-2010, 04:06 AM
I've been meaning to post this for a while. Is there a colour difference between the Joe and Action Force Maulers? The reason I ask is that sometime ago I bought a side skirt from the U.S. as a replacement part for my Action Force Mauler. When it turned up it was a dark fleshy tan colour where as my Action Force Mauler is a light tan. I've since bought another parts lot from the US and again the colours were different. Sorry I can't post any pictures at the moment.

Cheers

Jon

airedevon
12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes - the UK Mauler is lighter brown. It is closer in color to the Mexican Mauler.

Buddusky
01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks Aire, as you know I love my Action Force and since I've noticed this I'm going to sell my Boxed Unused Joe Mauler.

I hope all is well.

DPrime
01-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Kind of cool, got comparison pics? I'm wondering if it's worth tracking down...

Buddusky
01-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Sorry mate I don't have a loose Joe version to do a Joe comparison. I've since noticed the same thing with the Tomahawk as in the Action Force Tomahawk is a lot lighter than the US version.

DPrime
02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry mate I don't have a loose Joe version to do a Joe comparison. I've since noticed the same thing with the Tomahawk as in the Action Force Tomahawk is a lot lighter than the US version.

Hmm, I noticed that as well... Yeah, not MUCH of a difference at all, then. Just a shade.

Buddusky
02-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, you can only tell when they are side by side. If you are looking at one or the other separately you'd be none the wiser. The best way to describe it is the US versions are a dark fleshy tan where as the UK versions are a light tan, UK versions look better in my opinion.

DPrime
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah, you can only tell when they are side by side. If you are looking at one or the other separately you'd be none the wiser. The best way to describe it is the US versions are a dark fleshy tan where as the UK versions are a light tan, UK versions look better in my opinion.

Hmm, maybe. I think I prefer the Tomahawk darker. I'd have to see the Mauler in person, but I might prefer a more sandy tan.

Yes - the UK Mauler is lighter brown. It is closer in color to the Mexican Mauler.

Aire, I knew you knew a lot about international stuff, but now that I'm seeing your collection on Flophouse's documentary on Youtube, I realize now that you REALLY know your stuff! Amazing, can't wait for the book!