When to leave bad feedback? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : When to leave bad feedback?

blakngold4
07-23-2002, 08:24 PM
I won an ebay auction about two and a half weeks ago, and mailed money for GI Joe video taped episodes on july 10th. the person told me the tapes were on the way, but is painfully slow to respond to any emails, and very curt in his responses. anyway, one person warned me after the fact that their transformer episodes were far below the quality stated, and told me to expect the same. my question is this: where do i draw the line on leaving negative feedback on ebay? i don't wanna totally rip on this person, but taking 2 weeks (from when payment was mailed) to get tapes (maybe more...i don't have them yet) is pretty ridiculous, esp. since i paid 15 bucks for shipping. i'm pretty new to Joe Trading and ebay deals, so i don't wanna overstep any bounds. regardless, i would SERIOUSLY advise staying away from kristen donnelly/TPerkins/vancef201 because a couple of people have had issues with her videos. would negative feedback be appropriate if the tapes were fine but slow to arrive? what about being slow to arrive and of lower-than-designated quality? any input is appreciated.

Toy-Classifieds.com
07-23-2002, 09:07 PM
I think that if communication with the seller is sparse and not very helpful and customer service oriented and you have been fair in your contacting them as far as how you worded things and the items are as described as you bought them then simply wait it out a little more and see what happens. If the stuff does not come to you in a timely manner and you are unsatisfied with the results to make it right then I think that is fair enough grounds for leaving negative feedback on an individual if you have done all you can to delegate the issue at hand. I hope this helps a little. Just my perspective on the issue at hand. I am sure many other wonderful people will have good advice for this very soon.

John - www.thegijoezone.com (http://www.thegijoezone.com)

ImaWalkingCorpse
07-24-2002, 05:02 AM
Well if the seller is using media mail, he is doing a serious hose job on the shipping price.

JustinBarnhill
07-24-2002, 08:06 AM
yep, yep. i have heard of people shipping all the joe episodes in sp mode (30+ tapes) for around $15 via priority mail. average delivery time - 2 to 3 days.

blakngold4
07-24-2002, 08:27 AM
well, this is 11 tapes, if memory serves, for 15 bucks. it seemed very high initially, and knowing he could get a discount rate bothers me even more. thx for the responses.

BK
07-24-2002, 12:37 PM
It's possible that they shipped to you using MEDIA MAIL, whuch can take up to 10 business days (or literally, 2 weeks) to sometimes get where it's going. Movies and books are much cheaper than average rates if you use media mail, but it's also much slower. Just a possibility.

JustinBarnhill
07-25-2002, 05:15 AM
yeah, the price i mentioned was before the rate change (duh!) but, the seller should have been able to send 11 tapes via 1st class at the very least for $15. media mail is dirt cheap. i mean like $5 cheap b/c it takes FOREVER!

sansarc
07-25-2002, 05:42 AM
even with the new rate changes i think $15 is a bit high, especially if it is for parcel post. i used to sell seasons of MST3K on 8 tapes and i only charged $5 for shipping, and that was for Priority Mail not parcel post or media mail.

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: sansarc ]

HurinThalion
08-15-2002, 05:06 AM
Just don't wait too long so that you can't leave negative feedback (within 90 days) or file a fraud report (within 60 days)

Dusty1976
08-23-2002, 12:13 PM
tongue.gif Stop paying those high prices for the GIJOE off EBAY. Guess what Cartoon Network has just recently started playing GI JOE @ 1AM EST. I already have one full tape already. & now you know & knowing is half the battle!!!!!!!!!

<A HREF="http://www.cartoonnetwork.com" TARGET=_blank>
Cartoon Network I love this channel!!!!!!!!!</A>