scott coish avoid like the plague coishs23 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : scott coish avoid like the plague coishs23

drveovru2
08-12-2002, 08:25 PM
this guy took me for 69.00 heres the link......just glad i didnt throw in the extra ten for air mail.. his ebay id is coishs23..kind os stupid of him, he is using his real name and scamimg people..what a prick.. ebay auction page (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746811795)

youngjay
08-13-2002, 05:52 AM
Hey TigerRat.
Is he not returning your emails or is it because it's taken so long? I will tell you that ground shipping from Canada to the U.S can take a LONG time, possible up to 6-8 weeks. If he has told you that it is sent and you just don't believe him, I don't know the guy, but you should give it a little more time. It can show up anyday.

ImaWalkingCorpse
08-13-2002, 06:21 AM
I have bought quite a few things from people in Canada, and if he paid with paypal the things should've been there no later than July 20th. 6-8 weeks? Never heard of it, never seen and dont believe it. The guy sound slike a ripoff artist to me unless the mail system either on Canada's side or the US has just lost the package. Is he responding to your emails?

youngjay
08-13-2002, 09:07 AM
Hey.
Honestly, I don't know the guy. The only reason I responded is because I live in Canada and I know how painfully long it can be to get something from the States. He paid for ground shipping. When you go to the post office here and ask to have somthing sent ground you are told it CAN take 4-6 weeks! I didn't know he paid with Paypal because if he hadn't, the seller might have waited 2 weeks just to get the money. I'm not trying to defend the seller as much as I'm trying to defend shipping to or buying from Canada. It is very frustrating going on ebay and having sellers from any country only want to ship within their own country when I might be interested in the item. Having anyone bash a Canadian seller will only get other people disinteresed in selling to or buying from Canadian sellers or dealers. I have waited 8 WEEKS for items from the States before but it has never bothered me because I KNOW our mail is slow as I live here. Sorry to get under anyones skin, but we are very close neighbors and it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to send to Canada or buy from Canada. It just takes a little longer for the most part.

BK
08-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Its true what youngjay says about canadian groundmail. if you don't pay the extra $1.00 for airmail, you elongate the receipt of a package to almost a month. i always spring for the little extra when mailing to canada, but some people always try to go the cheapest route possible just to save a buck.

boff123
08-18-2002, 06:42 AM
hey tigerrat, I know what your talking about.
I paid 10 dollars for the python patrol jet that is from the lot you purchased.
I emailed him many times but no replies, I paid for it in may and still no jet. I know it is the same jet because it was missing the tail fins just like the one in the pic.
He kept giving me the run around, ie: I will mail it this weekend. What a loser!

Pete The Greek
08-18-2002, 08:15 AM
My answer is going to be based on 2+ years of receiving and sending packages to the States.

Myth:Surface mail from Canada to the States usually is 4-6 weeks (so that is what the post office tells you)

The longest it has taken me for a surface mail package to arrive to the States (i.e. Texas) is 2 and a half weeks. The only time it takes 6 weeks for a package to arrive to the States is those tube packages that protect posters. Since, they are irregular in size to ship, Canada post stores these tubes for a couple of weeks until they get enough of them to ship. Hence, Canada Post is protecting their ass by saying all packages will take 4-6 weeks to arrive, which is not the case.

Myth:if you don't pay the extra $1.00 for airmail, you elongate the receipt of a package to almost a month.

The difference between air and surface is only half a week to a week. It's a small difference but a huge one to impatient people.

Having anyone bash a Canadian seller will only get other people disinteresed in selling to or buying from Canadian sellers or dealers

To anybody that believes this, they are small minded idiots. There are far more cheats and crooks that I read coming from the States than Canada.

[ August 18, 2002: Message edited by: Pete The Greek ]

BK
08-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Sorry to disagree with you pete especailly since I know you're in Canada and we've dealt before, but in 4 instances in dealing with canadian sellers, it has taken 3 weeks to a month for me to get packages. And they weren't sent late, buecause I always check the date. In all those instances, it was ground mail vs airmail. I'm not an impatient person as you mentioned in your post above, but come on, nobody wants to wait a month for a package to arrive! Airmail always seems to reach me in a week or so, so I usually ask people to send that way if they don't mind. For me, it's not a myth when it's happened 4 times. It's based on where in the U.S. you live, just like it takes longer to mail to certain places within the States.

[ August 18, 2002: Message edited by: Brian Kelly ]

Father Guido
08-18-2002, 01:55 PM
In may I bought a lot of Cobra figures from a seller in Canada off ebay. He shipped when he got payment and it took right at 4 weeks.

Pete The Greek
08-18-2002, 03:31 PM
Anybody that has dealt with me in the past will tell you that they got there package from me way before 3 weeks (a week to 2 weeks tops...regardless of surface or air mail). I should know because I make sure to find out from the other party involved when they got it and if everything was ok.

Why are my packages getting there faster than 4 weeks is beyond me. The only possible reasons are that I live about an hour way from an international airport and that I live in a heavily populated area with lots of mail volume (domestic and international). Thus my mail gets out of here quick so there will not be a back log. And/or perhaps the other Canadian sellers/traders live in rural areas and the region's international mail does not get shipped out until there is enough volume. Thus delaying it to a 4 week arrival.

[ August 18, 2002: Message edited by: Pete The Greek ]

BK
08-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a good reason to me. It's all based on where you live. Some are fast, some are sloooooooow. oh well, i guess we just have to all live with it!

drveovru2
08-28-2002, 06:50 PM
well i finally got my stuff, i called 7 different s coish in nf canada, emailed the better business bureau and a few other agency's thanks to some insight from shadowcat(chris chung). i even went so far as to check with the canadian courts on my legal rights( i have way to much time on my hands) the auction ended july 7th, i paid paypal that same night like i usually do. The package arrived airmail postmarked aug 12. I guess he got tired on me harassing him, because I was not going to let this one happen. I seriously doubt he just forgot to ship it. I strongly encourage others to avoid him even tough i finally got my stuff.