can somebody judge for me??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : can somebody judge for me???

joe-lover
03-03-2002, 11:14 PM
Hi, everyone,

I am an international joe lover living outside US. I once try to add orders on some big online shop for joes, and I posted very carefully that I want to know the shipping first, the sellers had already shipped the toys with the fastest and the most expensive way. you see, I am not living in US, so, the shipping cost is huge. The seller even warned me when I want to withdrawal the purchase by cutting credit card payment to post my name on this broad. I was scared.

Can anyone judge this experience for me???

Surely I found dozen responsible joe dealers from US, but, you knoe, some "big on line shop" is so.......

joe lover

thestoreon44
03-06-2002, 09:50 AM
I don't understand your post. you threatened to cut the credit card payment from the purchase, and he threatened to post your name under the bad traders area?

well, it's a hard call... they charged you more than you authorized, as you didn't request express mail... but they didn't flagrantly overcharge just for fun and profit. IF you were to cancel the payment, I would only cancel the EXTRA SHIPPING amount. because more than that would be fraud. you DID receive your items... and you DID order them. the payment will be taken from HIS account... and it's a service that it all too commonly abused by scam artists against retailers. BUT, I guess he should be held responsible for acting too quickly on charging you for express shipping when you didn't request it, and as good business practice fess up to the mistake, and credit you the extra shipping.

-seaN

GIJOEHQ
03-06-2002, 10:50 AM
just wanted to say i aggree with storeon44 if he actually gave the service and wasnt for profit but it was still the sellers mistake unless he had some kinda subject to change shipping or price with out notice clause

joe-lover
03-08-2002, 02:33 AM
thestoreon44,

in fact, you are one of the best dealers I have ever deal with on net. Fast, negotiative, helpful, etc. I am not playing ironic words on you, but for others.

However, I mean I had that experience that I aSKED FOR SHIPPING QUOTE before I really confirm the order. I was stupid to give them my credit card. Some good dealers would hold the transaction for ensuring the shipping and everything before charging and processing even I had already given them my credit card number. SEE the difference??????????

Do you agree that there are some other "big shop on net" are irresponsible????

One more thing, do you guys think shipping quote is importance?? Does anyone do not even care about shipping quote????

JOE-LOVER

thestoreon44
03-08-2002, 08:43 AM
thanks for the kind words, joe-lover. I hadn't realized we had dealt. smile.gif

I am in some contact with most of the other dealers on the net... if you presented your side of the argument in a concise manner, I can't think of one of them that wouldn't agree with what I stated for fixing it.

regarding shipping quotes... only about 20% of our guys ask for them, most just take our default shipping of AIR, and know that we'll charge basically cost. They are difficult to give sometimes in advance, because sometimes the post office on the phone is wrong, or their website calculator is wrong.

joe-lover
03-08-2002, 11:51 PM
I think the central problem is that when you buy a night raven, tomahawk, whale and mobile command center and without knowing the shipping first. Can you guess the different between priority, express and surface, etc.?

Some good dealers like you two (I have dealt with you two) would quote before I have asked!!!

Some of them are really don't care tand send them with the fastest and most expensive way for my own good?!

Anyway, responsible dealers are totally different to irresponsbile in terms of mentality, too. :confused: :confused:

Floridaman
03-09-2002, 04:43 PM
Hello guys it sounds to me like the signals got crossed up by both parties on each end. I will try and break it down and hopefully it will help you. First I would recommend that you never give someone your address before the whole deal is clear that was your mistake I think. Second never deal by credit card/online check with anybody you do not know. I know you are in a foreign country and it may be hard to pay cash/check/MO/etc. but I highly recommend at least a SMALL transaction or two GET to know the dealer ask questions in e-mails about GI Joes to see if he really knows what he has got like example "do you have the HTF antenna for Maggot driver W.O.R.M.S.". He should automatically know that HTF in the Joe world means HARD TO FIND if he answers something like "I wish" he knows about that or you could say something like "what was your favorite figure of all time" if he knows stuff and is sincere to his buyers he WILL answer a question like that not just pass over it in an effort to make a sell. DO you understand where I'm going on this.Second I think this guy so called BIG on-line Joe store bulldogged you and took certain things like YOUR MONEY into his own hands I wouldnt deal with him again.....If you want e-mail me the store name at FloridaSean@aol.com and I will check him out for you PLEASE DO NOT post that information here publicly I do not want any part of anything like that. GOOD LUCK in you trading from now on.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

joe-lover
03-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Hi, Floridaman,

It seems you are having high expectation on the sellers. I think the credit card issues it what I had mistaken, however, I cannot require shipping quote befoer i gave them my address, right? So, never, never give credit card before you have everything clear!! tongue.gif

Grail
03-27-2002, 07:26 AM
Not to be a pain, just playing the Devil's Advocate Joe-Lover. If he sent them to you the fastest way possible, and that is what he charged you for, than it was probably an honest mistake. I mean...it's not like he was making extra PROFIT charging for shipping that he actually paid, y'know?