appologuist@hotmail.com is a bad seller! I call out ganglor as well:-). [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : appologuist@hotmail.com is a bad seller! I call out ganglor as well:-).

bleedyoudry
08-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Well, I think 3251245 e-mails and 4161446 broken promises is quite enough for me.

Chris Topping (i.e. appologuist) never sent me figures he owed me after sending fake prototypes my way. A scam artist through and through.

I have all of his personal information if interested and would like any information you all can give me on what action I can take against him.
-----------
Strangely, using google on his e-mail address I found that he's used the name ganglorsghost on a different board. Ganglor is the name of a Yojoe member who strangely has similar interests to Chris Topping GI Joe-wise (read: hard to find foreign figures).

Ganglor's e-mail address: ganglorsghost@hotmail.com.

It all comes together nicely, doesn't it?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... buuuuut I'd probably avoid him like the plague as well. tongue.gif

namor76
08-18-2002, 07:46 PM
hi, i got a story for you... he tried to get me to mail him 100$ for a UK Steeler, lickily i didn't go for it.. with his address i told him i would go there and check it out myself, i know where he lives, i met him, saw some foriegn joes there, but nothing like that stuff he was talking about, and even if he did have what he says he had, they were in terrible shape.. needless to say i was kinda upset i made the trip (90min drive) for nothing, but also glad i didn't just take "his" word for the UK Steeler.
just my 2 cents.

Joes4Sale.com
08-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Had some interaction with Chris Topping about a year or so ago. A "friend" of his posted several foriegn joes for sale on the old yojoe site. It was going to be for about $600 of stuff which would have been a good deal for the stuff. His "friend" was "going out of town" and pointed me to Chris to complete the deal by sending the money to Chris. Chris just wanted me to send him the money and he could get the figures as he had a key to his friends apartment. As I looked through the bad trader section on the old site, I noticed that the figures he was offering was very familiar to those that a prominent Joe dealer was ripped off on. So I called this guy and let him know what was going on and the guys address and all. Chris was very familiar to him but not the guy who ripped him off. Seems like Chris would make a deal with him and then after 4 months of having the item on hold he would give up on Chris.

So after talking to this dealer and I decided to insist on using an Escrow service. Once I insisted on using the Escrow service he started to loose interest in selling me the figures. Never did business with him but WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING ESCROW IF DEALING WITH CHRIS TOPPING! Also the story changed as to why the guy needed to sell his joes-first it was the girlfriend was threatening to leave then she was ok with them and need to sell for something else I don't remember. Very fishy person.

(if you're not sure what escrow is, I would have sent the $$ to the escrow service. They would then notify the seller that they recieved payment. Seller ships, buyer inspects. Buyer notifies escrow service the goods are acceptable and they release the funds to the seller. If unacceptable or never receive goods, $$ goes back to the buyer)

appologuist
08-19-2002, 02:45 PM
bleedyoudry-
I sent out figures to you with an approximate value of 80.00, you said it wasnt neccessary to do so because the snake eyes figures were a good deal. I did it anyway, never heard back from you so I figured everything was fine. I have no idea what happened with the figures I sent to you so I have no idea if you recieved them or what. Id be happy to try and rework something.
Namor76- I dont live there, that was my parents house, The only figures I had there were ones that were left over after I moved. I didnt check the steeler figures damage (i believe bite marks on his boot or arm or something, barely noticeable) And the other figures were in perfect condition that were there(ex: brazil tiger force).
Joes4sale.com- I dont really remember our transaction. But I was trying to sell my friend Joshs figures at one point.

Incase you havent noticed I havent been in the joe collecting community for quite sometime. In the past I had done a few stupid things like never sending payments on a few occassions. I have never truly ripped anyone off or stolen their money. What happened with bleedyoudry was I sold him prototypes That apparently were faked, I had never looked through the prototypes as they were packed and sent out by one of the employees at my store. I talked to him and he said that they were faked but the snake eyes figures I gave him were fair enough, I said id refund the faked prototypes. I sent out 80.00 worth of figures, I do not know what happened. As stated above we can rework something. I really hate to have a bad name and would like to regain my old respectable status. For now on I am willing to send first in any transactions and use escrow services or COD, as long as you are respectable yourself. The only time I really did "scam" someone was purposely not send payment out to mike fountain because I won a MOC blue mjr. bludd off him on ebay and when I got it it was loose and had a cracked shoulder(i payed for the bludd but not the other items I won from him, I didnt steal anythin as he never sent me anything I just didnt send the payment). The other times That I havent sent payment were either because I realized I was getting ripped off or a personal reason came up.

Bleedyoudry, I hope we can fix this problem, If you have tried emailing me at appologuist@hotmail.com and I havent answered it is because I have been using my aol account, cjtopping @aol.com, try that or if you want ill start reusing my hotmail account (it was actually a joint account, my dumb roommate was using also). Id like to rebuild my status in the community and would appreciate any help and guidance. My aol account is cjtopping@aol.com, as is my Instant message ID so please if anyone would like to talk Ill be on until 930-1000pm tonight.
I know alot of you have been warned about me or have had bad experiences with me, well Im asking as a friend that wants to be accepted once again, so please all of you, help me regain the status I once had. Thank you.

[ August 19, 2002: Message edited by: appologuist ]

bleedyoudry
08-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Fair enough. I don't buy the whole package getting lost thing as I've sent out and bought something nearing 3000 items off of auction sites... Not to mention, the countless trades I've done here.

In all of those transactions... maybe one or two packages were lost at the VERY most. Even one of those instances felt more like a scam than anything else. Either I've had really good luck or mail just doesn't get lost very easily.

Regardless, I'm more than fair and would be happy to let you clear your name.

Here's my address:

Trevor Young
PO Box 34
Granite City, IL 62040

I'll e-mail it to you as well. I can't do more than that:).

[ August 19, 2002: Message edited by: bleedyoudry ]

dryhawk37
09-14-2002, 04:52 PM
yeah hes not a bad seller, but not good with emails!!!!!!!! just kidding appologuist, but whats up with the snakes man?? its been like 4 days since I heard from you ?

bleedyoudry
09-14-2002, 09:48 PM
You could've fooled me. It's almost a month later and STILL nothing. Great job of redeeming yourself there, Chris.

He's a bad seller. Plain and simple. Don't deal with him as you'll get burned.

I plan on bumping this occasionally until appologuist, ganglor, and whatever other personas of his are banned from this site.

Edit: By the way, this whole back and forth process of him promising to send replacement stuff for the fake prototypes he sold me has been going on for over half a year. Half a year of getting strung along as compared to the one day it took for him to get his money from me via express mail.

Also, unlike what he'll tell you (he bought them from "some guy" from "some country"), I pretty much guarantee those fake prototypes originated with him and some solvent.

If that all sounds like an absolute joy to you then have at it, dryhawk37.

[ September 14, 2002: Message edited by: bleedyoudry ]

bleedyoudry
09-25-2002, 06:30 PM
Still nothing. Still horrible.

dryhawk37
09-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Here Here,

he doesnt even HAVE anything you ask him for, a lier, and a cheat. He should be BANNED as well.

bleedyoudry
10-21-2002, 09:42 PM
While this is bumped up, let me just mention he never sent me anything. I was more than happy to let him redeem himself. He could've sent me a mangled Eco-Flint for all I cared. It was the principle of the thing more than anything and he definitely let me down. Don't deal with appologuist on any terms.

Creme Soda King
03-31-2003, 07:42 AM
Bad Trader: Chris Topping

Just letting this thread get updated, he took me for some toys as well in a trade for some Joes he said he sent, later said he didn't, but a friend did send, promised a replacement, never sent it, then stopped e-mailing me back.

Uses alias names CJ, and Josh. Has up to 5 or 6 different e-mail addresses, and probably God knows how many more Hotmail addresses.

cjtopping@aol.com
gangalorsghost@hotmail.com
top548@p........
appologuist@hotmail.com
beastsite@hotmail.com

Lives at:
4College Street
Clinton, CT 06413

With:
Lloyd & Joyce Topping

Phone #:
860-669-2465