ebayer d-man24 is a big fraud,dont buy [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : ebayer d-man24 is a big fraud,dont buy

ms_skat_kat
03-04-2002, 05:51 PM
i just sold a rattler on ebay .i was looking at other auctions joe auctions.well i just noticed that the pic on his auction for a rattler look familar.come to find out i looked at my auction again.and i'll be damn its my picture.i was pissed,i e-mailed the seller and told him that he was wrong for doing this.plus i e-mailed the winner who bought it and told him to watch out.

please tell me what you all think ,if you have time please look at these two auctions

this is mine# 1709054329

this is d-man24 #1710993099

please tell me what you all think?
is there a way to contact ebay about this?

jlb8118
03-04-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey you're right. They are definitely the same picture. I just looked at both next to each other for the last couple minutes and can say without a doubt he used your picture. On ehay look under safeharbor and report him as a bad seller. Look around here... http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/index.html

acmirro
03-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Same pic yes.

Maybe he didnt have a camera and is just useing your pic?

did he respond to your email?

Jesse
03-04-2002, 09:39 PM
I feel your pain. I just caught someone using my G.I. Joe For Sale Logo on all of their auctions....quite a surprise to see...

Jesse

ms_skat_kat
03-05-2002, 03:06 AM
yeah thats what he said,he used my pic for his auction.i dont think i would have minded if he just asked me.but i dont see how you can used someone elses pic to sell a item on ebay.i mean it wont be the same as the pic so he is risking it anyway.
he told me it was stupid for him but he is tring to sell his collection as soon as possible.he said he was realy very sorry.i told him not to worry about it just dont do it again unless he asked me first.i just felt like something was stolen from me.i think it was the whole point that set me off

JustinBarnhill
03-05-2002, 05:47 AM
that has made me seriously think of watermarking my pics like dawsonjay does. i just hate seeing pics w/crap all over them.

i saw something similar where a seller was selling a "huge lot of figures". i looked and the pics, they looked familiar plus all the figures where displayed, you know on a shelve all lined up w/acc. in hand. not at all like most lots on ebay. i started looking around and finally found the pics on someones website. he had taken pics of a collectors collection as displayed on their website and had them in his auction description. i told the webmaster about the auction and the next day, it disappeared from ebay........probably saved someone from really getting shafted.

GIJOEHQ
03-05-2002, 10:32 AM
i could see if someone used your site logo but if they borrow a pic is it really that big of a deal as long asthey really have the item for sale ? i can see both ways i guess now i got a scanner and a camera but when i first started i didnt have nothing
oh well dont hate me its just my 2 cents

comikaze
03-05-2002, 10:46 AM
No, the only ethical way you can use someone else's pic is if 1. you ask their permission first and 2. you tell people in your description that the pic isn't of the actual item. It's very misleading to use one pic and send something else because they can vary very much.

Joes4Sale.com
03-05-2002, 11:37 AM
I've heard of people using others pics. I heard of one time, a guy just copied the link and the original owner found out and changed the picture. There are endless opportunities for this :D

JustinBarnhill
03-05-2002, 11:46 AM
comikaze is right.

the figure pictured (borrowed pic) may not be in the same shape as the fig being sold.

imo if you can't take pics of the actual item being sold, your auction shouldn't have pics in it....here is an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1711224890

what kinda shape you think that mmc is in? how can you know? those pics don't even match. there is no way to tell if he even has those items.

if you won that auction and the mmc wasn't identical to the one pic'd, wouldn't you feel cheated? i know i would.

acmirro
03-05-2002, 12:02 PM
I think there is a simple answer to why people do this.

Non Collectors do not see the difference.

We notice paint wear, sticker placement, color of weapons and all the little parts (like nozzles, knobs, lights and guns, ect)

Someone picking the stuff up at a garage sale of thrift store most likely has no knowledge on the stuff. They are just selling toys.

When I buy from ebay, I try to only buy from people who deal in toys (Joes especially). It may cost a little more but at least (as a collector) I know the quality to be higher.

GIJOEHQ
03-05-2002, 01:57 PM
GREAT ANSWER acmirro I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY BUT I AGREE WITH YOU 100% GIJOESUPPLIES.COM (http://gijoesupplies.com/new.htm)

Falconxl
03-05-2002, 02:52 PM
Justin,

I saw that Maggot, I believe it is, picture a few weeks ago on another auction.

Plus that one pic is a catalogue pis.

Jesse
03-05-2002, 05:34 PM
SS, what the guy used was my actual web page logo from the top of the site. You can steal any of my catch phrases you want...that is, once I come up with some.

"We promise you'll love your figures, because if you don't, we will kill you."

Nah.

Jesse